• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    They'd make a profit if they moved it anywhere.
    It's spread out because of EU pork-barrel politics.
    And anything by CB is usually bollox.
    Try reading what he says and disprove or counter it. Ad hominen attack on Brooker is lazy
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

...remember you are also most likely voting for the dismemberment of the UK, since Scotland wants to throw in its lot with the EU.
      Regardless of whether you think that's a good thing or not, the reality is you are voting for England and Wales to leave the EU
      And since quite a lot of England and Wales is economically unviable, the rump of the productive state would be London and the South East.
      That really would be the end of this country as a world player, not that that is necessarily a bad thing.
      If leaving the EU moves getting rid of Scotland, that would encourage more people to vote out.

This country is doomed as a world player either way the vote goes. The only things going for it are immigration and rising house prices.

The sooner immigration is stopped, the sooner we can face up to reality and re-adjust our economy for the new paradigm. The longer you leave things, the worse the adjustment is.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        And Northern Ireland.

I think we can surmise that it could go a number of ways. Even if I accept your argument that the wheels would fall off the UK economy, it's not as if its people or infrastructure would disappear overnight. The British are a resilient bunch and I would have faith we would bounce back. I have a gut feeling that the Remain crowd, illustrated by a number of posters on here, don't have their heart in the UK. If I were being really cynical I would suggest that they would be quite pleased to see the place go down the toilet.
        I would love the UK to prosper and in reality I have a nagging dislike of the EU project (I think Germany is too powerful as it has always been, previously militarily now economically).
        But I have always been a pragmatist and I don't feel a Brexit is viable.
        And historically Britain's foreign policy in Europe has always been to reign-in Germany.
        We can't do that by being out.
        I would like us to be in and improve our diplomacy with other EU countries to form blocs in our own interest.
        By pulling out we let Germany dominate the continent.
        Churchill's grandson wrote an interesting article, FWIW, that said his grandfather would have wanted to engage with Europe.
        Last edited by sasguru; 1 March 2016, 12:43.
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
          And Northern Ireland.

I think we can surmise that it could go a number of ways. Even if I accept your argument that the wheels would fall off the UK economy, it's not as if its people or infrastructure would disappear overnight. The British are a resilient bunch and I would have faith we would bounce back. I have a gut feeling that the Remain crowd, illustrated by a number of posters on here, don't have their heart in the UK. If I were being really cynical I would suggest that they would be quite pleased to see the place go down the toilet.
          The Brit loathing liberal lefties in other words. The same ones you would not want to be alongside in a fight, or in a trench. The ones that would instantly give themselves up to the aggressor and would have made up the collaborators in Hitlers Reich.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            The Brit loathing liberal lefties in other words. The same ones you would not want to be alongside in a fight, or in a trench. The ones that would instantly give themselves up to the aggressor and would have made up the collaborators in Hitlers Reich.
            Yes Mr. Cliche. Now run along and gel your hair, there's a good lad.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

But I have always been a pragmatist and I don't feel a Brexit is viable.
              Interesting that you almost concede that we should get out - but we cannot do so as its too difficult? A bit like driving on the right? We should have had a vote in 92.

I am sure in the 1890s people thought the car was not a viable alternative to the horse.....

Churchill's grandson wrote an interesting article, FWIW, that said his grandfather would have wanted to engage with Europe.
              I do hate it when people claim stuff on behalf of dead people. What would Princess Di have done?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I do hate it when people claim stuff on behalf of dead people. What would Princess Di have done?
                Fair point, but not contrary to his expressed views during his life.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  What would Princess Di have done?
                  Shagged Nigel farage?

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    Shagged Nigel farage?
                    Well Donald Trump reckoned he could have had her
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Fair point, but not contrary to his expressed views during his life.
                      His idea of engaging with Europe was to keep moving on from Berlin until he reached Moscow.

Comment

Working...
                      X