• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why I'll be voting to stay in Europe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    We will be screwed over for nurses and doctors especially the ones Romania has kindly trained for us at their cost.

(I give thanks to the Philippines as well and other former British colonies who still think Britain is great.)
    Does Romania export doctors and nurses to cover the people that come to the UK?

I like and agree with Alison Pearson in the Torygraph today. This is about schools for children so I doubt whether the average CUKer will have had the time or inclination to procreate

Our schools and hospitals simply cannot cope with the influx of migrants - that's why we must leave the EU - Telegraph

With maternity units in meltdown and 90,000 children set to lose out on their first choice of school, it's clear that the risk to our families and communities will rise if we vote to stay in Europe

This morning, I head to Westminster to make a speech in favour of Brexit at Voices for Britain. It’s not the kind of thing I normally do but, over the past fortnight, we’ve been hearing a lot about the risk to the economy if we leave, but almost nothing about the risk to families and communities if we stay.
    This week, to take just one example, is when kids find out which secondary school they’ll be going to. An exciting time but also, for too many, a bitterly disappointing one. One in six schools has too many pupils.
    In 2015, 84,000 pupils missed out on their first choice. This year, it’s set to be around 90,000. Oh, and England is short of 250,000 primary school places. Plus, they reckon we will need a staggering 880,000 extra school places by 2023.

I know it’s considered rather impolite to say that it’s due to immigration, but the National Audit Office says it is and that’s borne out if you take somewhere like Peterborough, the third fastest-growing place in the UK. In just five years, the city’s primary school population has increased by 24 per cent, caused by the influx of EU migrants. The birth rate is higher among foreign mothers with one quarter of Britain’s babies being born to them, the largest number coming from Poland.

This week, children will find out what secondary school they got into. Unsurprisingly, maternity units are in meltdown. A young couple I know turned up at one when the mum-to-be was in labour and were told, “Sorry, we’re full.” Now, the Government is encouraging women to have home births, bribing them with £3,000 vouchers and pretending it’s a marvellous option, instead of a cheap fix.
    The Prime Minister insists that we will be safer if we stay in the EU. Well, not if you’re a pregnant women, Mr Cameron.
    With the fastest-growing population in Europe, we are unable to provide proper care and facilities for the women and children who are here already. It’s outrageous.
    If we remain in the EU, which gives us no choice but to accept tens of thousands of migrants a year, then our schools and our hospitals will simply not be able to cope. As it says on the door of the maternity unit: Sorry, we’re full.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      With the fastest-growing population in Europe, we are unable to provide proper care and facilities for the women and children who are here already. It’s outrageous.
      If we remain in the EU, which gives us no choice but to accept tens of thousands of migrants a year, then our schools and our hospitals will simply not be able to cope. As it says on the door of the maternity unit: Sorry, we’re full.
      I suspect that those who bang on about Remain are well out of the firing line. I would also add housing to that list.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Equalizer View Post
        I suspect that those who bang on about Remain are well out of the firing line. I would also add housing to that list.
        True. Glad I live in Scotland.

Comment

Only the rich benefit from immigration. assguru and the other cretins just look after themselves - not what is best for the UK.

Their only argument for remaining is that it is hard to get out.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
            We are pleased you live in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              At least we're all happy about something. Next year I'll have even less reason to pay attention to Westminster - bliss.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                does he realise after England is screwed they will have to pay their own benefits?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by seanraaron View Post
                  So are we
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    does he realise after England is screwed they will have to pay their own benefits?
                    That's the point, if England goes down the other three get taken out. Having come from the former and now living in one of these outposts I can see both sides of the argument. I also know that most people have little idea how stretched certain parts of England have become.

Comment

That's the point, if England goes down the other three get taken out. Having come from the former and now living in one of these outposts I can see both sides of the argument. I also know that most people have little idea how stretched certain parts of England have become.
                      Y'all wanna vote Tory, suck it up when they do what Tories do.

Comment

Working...
                      X