Thread: Tory Tax Cuts

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

than take it to the grave
    Never understood that mentality, surely you pass it on to your dependants/decendants?

Still gathering requirements...

deebeegee is good enough for Jehovah!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NigelJK View Post
    Never understood that mentality, surely you pass it on to your dependants/decendants?
    But why wait until you die? Why not use what you have accumulated in your lifetime to do something meaningful with/for your descendants today?

And dependents? Assuming you live to 60 how would you still have any? And if you know you have some then get insurance in place to look out for them. The age at which people inherit real money is approaching 60-
    Why inheritance is 'dead' for a generation in middle age - Telegraph
    What are you going to do at that age to change your life? use the money to fund a degree and reap the rewards for the last few years before your state sanctioned retirement? move into a massive mansion with 6 empty bedrooms so that your offspring can visit you once a year?

Wouldn't it be better if HMRC collected whatever hasn't been spent in a lifetime and used it to pay for things like making a decent education genuinely available to everyone?

And it's not all lefty snowflake virtue signalling, the only person i know who has inherited loadsamoney when young enough to do something with it, and has a very expensive education to really know better, gained such an entitled attitude to life that he basically retired early. Unfortunately he didn't manage his money and now works in a bar where he doesn't earn enough to heat his massive house.

Contractor Among Contractors

NigelJK has more data than eek

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I'm getting close enough to that age now to start thinking. I can assure you the older you get the easier it is to spend money on the things you want.
    Spending 6 months a year on my narrow boat would come very nearly top of that list, and I guess by the time I'm in my 80's I might not be able to physically do it any more, but 20 years keeping one of those in good nick will set you back a bit.

pay for things like making a decent education genuinely available to everyone
    Given how much Tax I've paid over the years for that (and other reasons, noting that MP salary, CS pensions are not normally included in the list you're talking about) that not enough?

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by deebeegee View Post
    But why wait until you die? Why not use what you have accumulated in your lifetime to do something meaningful with/for your descendants today?

And dependents? Assuming you live to 60 how would you still have any? And if you know you have some then get insurance in place to look out for them.
    You have a very blinkered view of the world. Lots of women and their accompanying male partners still have children when they are 60 who are dependant on them. It's actually becoming more prevalent due to second marriages and some women putting of children until later.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Old Greg is my bitch's bitch

northernladyuk - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Well I'm getting close enough to that age now to start thinking. I can assure you the older you get the easier it is to spend money on the things you want.
    Spending 6 months a year on my narrow boat would come very nearly top of that list, and I guess by the time I'm in my 80's I might not be able to physically do it any more, but 20 years keeping one of those in good nick will set you back a bit.
    Sounds nice. One of the attractions of a narrow boat would be knowing that MF can't drop round.
    Where there's muck there's brass.

My post count is Majestic

d000hg - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by deebeegee View Post
    Why not let the person who owns the money decide for themself?
    Quote Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Quote Originally Posted by vetran View Post
    Urine is quite nourishing

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You have a very blinkered view of the world. Lots of women and their accompanying male partners still have children when they are 60 who are dependant on them. It's actually becoming more prevalent due to second marriages and some women putting of children until later.
    64-year-old woman gives birth to twins - CNN.com
    Pants are no good unless they stick to the wall after you've taken them off.

I live on CUK

SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by darmstadt View Post
    Yeah that's an extreme example.

Anyway apparently more women over 40 in the UK have been giving birth than girls under 18 for the last two years.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

More fingers than teeth

darmstadt - scorchio!

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yeah that's an extreme example.

Anyway apparently more women over 40 in the UK have been giving birth than girls under 18 for the last two years.
    Latest stats: https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulat...dandwales/2015

In 2015, over half (53%) of all live births in England and Wales were to mothers aged 30 and over and two-thirds (68%) of fathers were aged 30 and over.

The average age of all fathers increased to 33.2 years in 2015, compared with 33.1 years in 2014. For mothers the average age was 30.3 years compared with 30.2 years in 2014.

The average age of first-time mothers was 28.6 years in 2015, compared with 28.5 years in 2014.

In 2015, 84% of babies were registered by parents who were married, in a civil partnership or cohabiting.

In 2015, 39% of live births were first births, 36% were second births and 15% were third births.
    Pants are no good unless they stick to the wall after you've taken them off.

I live on CUK

vetran is always on top

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I might not be able to physically do it any more, but 20 years keeping one of those in good nick will set you back a bit.
    how much?
    "If you didn't do anything that wasn't good for you it would be a very dull life. What are you gonna do? Everything that is pleasant in life is dangerous."

I want to see the hand of history on his collar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast