• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Redundancy Question?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blakes03 View Post
    Yeah – it is her position being made redundant, she initially took it badly, but hey it happens, she’ll get over it and I’ll have to do the job myself, cost cutting an all that. With her redundancy payoff from my company she is going to be getting a new kitchen and whatever we (sorry she!) has left, will be buying me a Rolex Submariner for my birthday, so it’s not all bad news, silver lining and all that!

You set up your company less than a year ago, so your wife cant have been working for the two years required, non starter so no point continuing.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...me-monies.html
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Given that you only started last year, and are on £400 a day, and paying out dividends and salary to take you to the higher threshold, and your wife is well paid for the work that she does, I'm amazed that you've got £30000 to pay out as a redundancy sum in one go without leaving the company with very little reserves in the event that you're out of work. Oh, and she's not worked for you for two years, so there goes that idea.

But each to their own - good luck

Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Has she been employed for more than two years and does she have an open ended signed contract of employment?
        The company only started last year, so no.

End of thread
        Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post

You set up your company less than a year ago, so your wife cant have been working for the two years required, non starter so no point continuing.

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          Given that you only started last year, and are on £400 a day, and paying out dividends and salary to take you to the higher threshold, and your wife is well paid for the work that she does, I'm amazed that you've got £30000 to pay out as a redundancy sum in one go without leaving the company with very little reserves in the event that you're out of work. Oh, and she's not worked for you for two years, so there goes that idea.

But each to their own - good luck

Is there an echo in here

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Is there an echo in here
            I wrote my post while you were editing yours to add the text
            Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              I wrote my post while you were editing yours to add the text
              Proof or it didn't happen!

Or on the other hand the OP is so thick he needs it spelling out twice

Comment

2 years is for statutory redundancy pay - through which she'd probably be owed about £500.

It sounds like this company has a much better redundancy scheme if she's due £30k after a year, but, I guess that's what you get for working for a good company

Let us know how you get on OP

Comment

I think the OP should offer me a contract, £750 a day will do it. I will keep the office tidy in between visiting rolex dealerships and generally being unpleasant..

HTH

This is a wind up right?

Comment

Thrown to the wolves.

Oh and shiny happy people.

Comment

Originally posted by pr1 View Post
                      2 years is for statutory redundancy pay - through which she'd probably be owed about £500.

It sounds like this company has a much better redundancy scheme if she's due £30k after a year, but, I guess that's what you get for working for a good company

Let us know how you get on OP
                      I wonder if there's been a consultation period?
                      Maybe a compromise agreement where they cannot discuss the issue with anyone would be a better (or worse) way of doing it?
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X