• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor Financials now charge a £900 mortgage fee!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor Financials now charge a £900 mortgage fee!

Used these guys a couple of years ago and overall pretty pleased with them.
    I have recently enquired re a mortgage for a potential move and they have informed me they now charge a £900 fee! Quite the increase from the fee free last time.

I am currently in talks with Freelancer financials, still a mortgage fee, but half the price and service has been impressive so far.

Does anyone know of alternative contractor brokers I should be looking at too?

R

Is the fee only payable once the mortgage is agreed and signed?

If so, depends if they came beat the other brokers with better deals available, if not, shop around!

Comment

Just been in contact with Contractor Mortgages and their fee is £895
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 10 March 2020, 11:08.

Comment

Thank you for the replies. I have been on the phone to an adviser today and it seems contractor financials and contractor mortgages uk are now the same business.

Contractor financials seem to have bought out contractor mortgages uk or they may have always been the same company?

Are there any fee free brokers out there?

Comment

Originally posted by Ristic View Post
          They've got to make money somehow. If it isn't an upfront fee it'll be something else - coming out of the slightly higher interest you pay, for example.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Ristic View Post
            Thank you for the replies. I have been on the phone to an adviser today and it seems contractor financials and contractor mortgages uk are now the same business.

Contractor financials seem to have bought out contractor mortgages uk or they may have always been the same company?

Yes, in the old days, there was no fee. They got paid by the mortgage lender, which means they flogged you the product with the biggest commission, meaning you got a piss poor deal and ended up paying an extra £10K in interest rather than £800 due to being sold a crap mortgage.

You prefer that business model then?

Comment

My understanding of this is that it's free if the the application is processed within 3 months.

That's what they told me after 4 months & then I switched to Freelancer Financials. Half the price so it was a no-brainer.

Comment

currently using contractor mortgages made easy and they charge 895 upon mortgage application so no gurantee of actual mortgage offer

been impressed with their actual service though, and their portal for uploading doc's and evidence makes things a little simpler

Comment

The broker fee is in context of the total package - i.e. if they can get you the best deal and also provide the service to deliver the mortgage with minimum pain

Comment

I have found Ben @ Power Mortgages great and fee is reasonable (discount for mentioning the forum too)
                    Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                    X