• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The pound seems rather poorly

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like it's a race to the bottom ..

2016-01-21 George Soros: "Europe Is On The Verge Of Collapse"

(Sorry AtW - I know you'd prefer a ZeroHedge link advance warning, and I bowled that one out of the blue a bit )
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

No word from Carnage and Gideot on the state of the pound and the UK economy?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        These must be those turbulent times that Gideot was prattling about, then
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

(Sorry AtW - I know you'd prefer a ZeroHedge link advance warning, and I bowled that one out of the blue a bit )
          Hard to argue with him. The lack of solidarity in dealing with the refugee crisis could be called surprising, but honestly the unity shown during the past forty-fifty years is more of an anomaly. As far as the Eastern European attitudes go, the Second World War might just as well have ended.

Comment

Firesale going on at currencyfair, the peer2peer FX sites on pounds.

Comment

They'll say it's good for exporters.

Which it is, however it's also a sign that their policies are tulip - USD/GBP was at 1.46 just before elections when it seemed that "oh so awful Labour" would win, and now it's 1.42, seen it close to 1.40.

Considering how much I am going to get hammered on tax in new year this is a very small insufficient consolation

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

The blogger (like others) seems to focus on the one big negative whopper the German leader has made yet ignores all the positive steps made during the crisis. He could at least try a little to hide his agenda.

If Europe were on the verge of collapse investors would not be buying up the currency in favour of sterling on the news growth in China is slowing down.

In fact what's more worrying, and I say this genuinely, the euro currency is considered by investors as the buyers choice during the turmoil because of it's flexibility.

If there's going to be a collapse of significant proportions in the near future it's overinflated assets.
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  In fact what's more worrying, and I say this genuinely, the euro currency is considered by investors as the buyers choice during the turmoil because of it's flexibility.
                  Genuine question. What do you mean by that?

Comment

Everything about the UK economy is great. Osborne is leading the charge to eliminating the deficit and 'paying down the debt' I'm sure that's what Dave would tell you if you asked him.
                    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
                      Everything about the UK economy is great. Osborne is leading the charge to eliminating the deficit and 'paying down the debt' I'm sure that's what Dave would tell you if you asked him.
                      Yeah, the charge is doing so well that GBP lost good 10% since Osborne got elected.

Comment

Working...
                      X