• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dead Celebrities Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Blimey! That's a shock. What a crazy life she led. He life story must be one hell of a read. Too early whoever she was and whatever she did though.
    Well, I doubt it's going to get written now.

Tragic.

Comment

Alan Simpson: Steptoe and Son writer dies at 87 - BBC News

Comment

Nick Fitz. You dirrrrtttttyyyyyy ollllldddddd man!
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

huh i've lost touch with the news. so sad. Tara was almost a role model for my sister

Comment

Sir Peter Mansfield...
            http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-38919614
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              Not a celebrity. Big Brother and people who appear in The Sun only please.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I notice the complete lack of coverage in this mornings news. Seems it's more important to get your PR message into the media than to cover the life and times of someone who changed the world of medicine.

Comment

RIP Al Jarreau.

Al Jarreau: Seven-time Grammy-winning jazz singer dies at 76 - BBC News

Comment

I can remember the rain in December,
                    The leaves were brown
                    On the ground...😭
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by NigelJK View Post
                      I notice the complete lack of coverage in this mornings news. Seems it's more important to get your PR message into the media than to cover the life and times of someone who changed the world of medicine.
                      Correct. Unfortunately. This is something that the Japanese do far better - they celebrate actual achievement rather than vacuous idiots shoving wine bottles up their love tunnel and other such highlights.

Their Nobel laureates tend to get mobbed in the street like TV stars would over here. A physicist friend of mine played host to Koichi Tanaka when he visited and, given that they were based near Old Trafford, they presented him with a United shirt with Tanaka 7 on the back. He thanked them for it and casually explained to Paul that he would have to get it framed rather than wear it due to the achievement-based culture they have. Fair play to them for that, despite many of their other crazy things!
                      The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                      X