• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Typical

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Was that the results when you asked the majestic search engine for latest technology?
    I've been spending every penny I've got shorting Google stock since AtW announced Majestic Search.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
      I've been spending every penny I've got shorting Google stock since AtW announced Majestic Search.

Comment

Lucky you hedged with BTLs then. You have made about a zillion percent on them?

Comment

I shorted majestic and went long google and made tons of money

Comment

You ain't gonna sell me a projector. Sorry.
            Luddite!

Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
              I shorted majestic and went long google and made tons of money
              You dirty spekulant!!!

Comment

More than 9,000 homes still have black and white TVs - Telegraph

Comment

I'm slowly starting to wonder if we might get a new TV - we have decent 42" HD-ready bought when full HD was still a premium and I figured a decent 720-line TV was better than a bargain 1080 one.

We're also equipping a 2nd sitting room and considering moving the old TV there.

Probably I'm now at the same cross-over point with HD Vs UHD; I don't want to spend a grand and I don't want a crap 4k set so maybe a decent HD set could be had for a bargain now they're not cool anymore... maybe something from a year ago?
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Albert View Post
                    Listen to Wibbly, a decent projector and a 100 inch screen will improve your life. Just imagine the detail you'll be able to see in your hot XXX 3D prawn flicks.
                    Surely a projector and 100 inch screen is for permies, a contractor would have a 100 inch flat screen that can be used without darkening the room?

(I've seen an LG 98-inch flat screen in the flesh. It looked reasonably good. )

Found it, much cheaper than I remember...

LG 98LS95A 98 Inch 4K Ultra HD LED Display | Appliances Direct

Edit: Sorry, I see someone has already linked to similar...
                    Last edited by IR35 Avoider; 29 December 2015, 16:18.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Erm.. there is still no UHD/4k broadcast standard.
                      Does that matter? The TV is just a display. The signal will be coming via an external box, I assume the input to the TV will only differ from HD in terms of resolution and possibly frame rate, but I could be wrong.

BT Sport has just started "transmitting" in UHD. (Signal over the internet, I think, and you need high-speed broadband to get it.)

I admit I know little about UHD, if there is some issue that means current display hardware won't be able to handle future signals, I'm happy to be enlightened. For example, I know it's not just a question of supporting UHD resolution, apparently very high frame-rates for sport are part of the appeal, so early hardware could conceivably fall short there.

Comment

Working...
                      X