• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Last Day Today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last Day Today

I had a brain haemorrhage in the summer and although i was back at work after 6 weeks, I've been struggling of late, so I've decided to take a break for a while. I handed my notice in last week and today is my last day on the contract.

Interestingly, on Tuesday I got an email from an Agent saying "Hi, we haven't spoken for ages. I thought I would see how you are, what you're up to. I've got a role that would be perfect for you. Client is ABC Ltd and the role is XYZ",

My reply "Hi. I'm about to take a break for a few months and I've just handed my notice in with ABC Ltd, doing XYZ".

It was kind of comforting to be leaving a role that, on paper at least, I'm ideally suited for.

Originally posted by JRCT View Post
    I had a brain haemorrhage in the summer and although i was back at work after 6 weeks, I've been struggling of late, so I've decided to take a break for a while. I handed my notice in last week and today is my last day on the contract.

Interestingly, on Tuesday I got an email from an Agent saying "Hi, we haven't spoken for ages. I thought I would see how you are, what you're up to. I've got a role that would be perfect for you. Client is ABC Ltd and the role is XYZ",

My reply "Hi. I'm about to take a break for a few months and I've just handed my notice in with ABC Ltd, doing XYZ".

It was kind of comforting to be leaving a role that, on paper at least, I'm ideally suited for.
    Take it easy bud, health over everything.

Good Luck
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hope you have a good break and are back with renewed energy. Don't get too bored!

Comment

It's nice to take time off in the winter, head off to the sun in the New year.

You can post here about it being too hot in Feb. when everyone else is snowed in.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Enjoy the break

Comment

Health first, invoicing second, enjoy the break.

Comment

You could just play the WFH for a couple of days a week line for new gigs. Nothing to lose.

Kudos for taking a break to get fully better. Hope it works out well for you and look forward to your fully fit and ready boomed!
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Glad to hear you are on the mend, makes sense to relax and get fully better!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                X