• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Picture on the wall

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"can you be distinguished as a contractor rather than employee" (Wording may be different) ie - can others in the building tell that your a contractor rather than an employee.
    You would answer "Of course, I'm far better dressed"
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Also, others are right my main objection is the resemblance to shrek.

I just dont see the need for it, if I was a permie I'd be against it as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        You would answer "Of course, I'm far better dressed"
        Thats the best bit (and why I think they havnt taken my pic yet...) because Im working for a smaller subsidiary of the main company who dont enforce the parent companies dress code Im in jeans and a tshirt most days... that might be why they dont have my picture - they are waiting for me to turn up looking like less of a tramp.

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
          that might be why they dont have my picture - they are waiting for me to turn up looking like less of a tramp.
          That's your answer just there then, maybe try and smell of wee, also, to finish the look
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
            That's your answer just there then, maybe try and smell of wee, also, to finish the look

Comment

Originally posted by Snarf View Post
              No, I didn't mention HMRC.... You did

What I was thinking was more working practices, when Ive had contracts reviewed one of the questions that comes up in the working practices is "can you be distinguished as a contractor rather than employee" (Wording may be different) ie - can others in the building tell that your a contractor rather than an employee. I'd have thought having your name and picture with the company logo on the "Meet the team/list of staff" notice board would have blurred that line - not for HMRC, but for other people in the building.
              I see.

You also said "The office I'm based in at the moment is 95% contractors". I see no blurred lines. I actually smell a bit of tulip.

Mind you, I was wrong once so could be again. Consistency is everything.
              I'm a smug bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by LucidDementia View Post
                I see.

You also said "The office I'm based in at the moment is 95% contractors". I see no blurred lines. I actually smell a bit of tulip.

Mind you, I was wrong once so could be again. Consistency is everything.
                Well thats the thing - Im lead to believe that its a high % (Ill admit 95% was pulled out of my arse) and in a way thats the problem - I cant tell who the contractors are other than what ive heard from other people, if i wanted to speak to someone who is employed by the parent co I'd struggle to pick one of them out...

Either way, I didn't think it would matter and the consensus seems to be that it wont...

Comment

Working...
                X