How do you share your availability for work with prospects & recruiters?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Posts 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11

    Double Godlike!

    MrMarkyMark is a fount of knowledge


    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    10,514
    Thanks (Given)
    773
    Thanks (Received)
    759
    Likes (Given)
    5023
    Likes (Received)
    2906

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Sorry, that was in Bradford. This one below in Milan

    Can't access that here unfortunately.

    Looks grim in Bradford, although the crack looks like it must be quite effective .

  2. #12

    Fingers like lightning

    rl4engc 's job has never been outsourced

    rl4engc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    674
    Thanks (Given)
    2
    Thanks (Received)
    50
    Likes (Given)
    80
    Likes (Received)
    186

    Default

    This is my method, works for me but won't for everyone.

    - Register CV on relevant jobsites.
    - I am on LinkedIn, but only for job history. Never use it.
    - Unrecognised/unknown/withheld phone numbers == Ignore (Better still use a batphone for these)
    - "Want a catchup/check your availability" messages sent via voicemail/email == Ignore
    - Irrelevant roles sent via voicemail/email == Ignore
    - Relevant roles == reply with "Not looking right now, but interested in X roles ay Y location, keep me on file"

    When this contract ends I'll just update the CV and upload it, and wait for the sharks to come circling.

  3. #13

    Fingers like lightning

    NibblyPig is a permanent contractor

    NibblyPig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    666
    Thanks (Given)
    19
    Thanks (Received)
    26
    Likes (Given)
    134
    Likes (Received)
    181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Sorry, that was in Bradford. This one below in Milan

    No javascript?

    I bet he uses `<font>`
    Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

    Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

  4. #14

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen is a fount of knowledge

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    27,913
    Thanks (Given)
    1410
    Thanks (Received)
    1129
    Likes (Given)
    4503
    Likes (Received)
    4177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    This is my method, works for me but won't for everyone.

    - Register CV on relevant jobsites.
    - I am on LinkedIn, but only for job history. Never use it.
    - Unrecognised/unknown/withheld phone numbers == Ignore (Better still use a batphone for these)
    There are apps which block withheld/unknown numbers which you can turn on and off.


    Quote Originally Posted by rl4engc View Post
    - "Want a catchup/check your availability" messages sent via voicemail/email == Ignore
    - Irrelevant roles sent via voicemail/email == Ignore
    - Relevant roles == reply with "Not looking right now, but interested in X roles ay Y location, keep me on file"
    This is worth doing. Also tell them to email you available roles explaining due to being a contractor you never know when you are free and that if you aren't you may pass them to someone you know.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  5. #15

    Super poster

    greenlake is a fount of knowledge

    greenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    4,859
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    2392
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    4422

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    Work to live? Or live to work?


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.