• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFA

Last night: Hairdressers, meal at fave chinese and then cooking a Boeuf Bourguignonne for tonight's tasting
    Today: cooking and baking (tarte tartin, scones and mash with enough butter to cause a coronary), blogging
    Tonight: off to a wine tasting at a friends who has very expensive tastes in wine, so far there's a 2003 Batard Montrachet, 1974 Lafite and 1996 Dom Perignon on the menu and god only knows what else he'll drag out of the cellar. I'm not complaining!
    Tomorrow: sleeping off the effects of tonight and then taunting an Argentinian friend during tomorrow's match
    "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by tvr450 View Post
      Friday - hotel in Gatwick
      Saturday - Fly to Sharm for two weeks
      Sunday - relax by pool in Sharm (one eye open for terrorists)
      Got back Sunday, flew 10 hours after the Russian plane went down.
      Got nasty tummy bug.

Never going to Sharm again!!

Comment

Got nasty tummy bug.

Well you dont realise how lucky you are to be back again and in one piece since you are whinging about a tummy bug.
        Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Got nasty tummy bug.

That's what puts me off package holidays in developing countries.

Hope it wasn't too bad; you'd probably have been better off eating street food.

Comment

Poor mans Maldives
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
              I thought it was 'looky, looky' men or have I been getting it wrong all this time?
              these ones play a banjo so they are get lucky, lucky men.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                Poor mans Maldives
                Well that's not exactly top of my holiday destinations at the moment: Maldives declares state of emergency | World news | The Guardian
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                X