• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which means permies cannot afford to fall sick !

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which means permies cannot afford to fall sick !

NHS faces biggest financial crisis 'in a generation' - Telegraph

Doomsday ain't very far

Thread title is rubbish if the company has Private Health insurance.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I see the conclusion was to improve efficiency and contain costs, what they need is more management consultants and IT systems then. If they sack a few nurses and doctors they could fund more IT projects to make the remainder more efficient

Comment

UKIP will solve it by kicking out all the foreign nurses. Will save a fortune.
        Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Stop bullying me

The words Permie and Low life are synonyms according to Urban dictionary.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Isn't private health basically they'll fog you off to NHS for anything serious?

I've got private medical, and hope I'll never find out

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Stop bullying me

The words Permie and Low life are synonyms according to Urban dictionary.
              You peasant contractors, on your loss of T&E, hiked divvy payments, low daily rates and no holiday pay. I blow my nose in your direction.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                I blow my nose in your direction.
                You probably have flu that you caught on one of your ecomony class flights.

Good luck dealing with the NHS

Comment

They keep demanding the NHS works 24/7 when really not that many people want to access the service that way, I mean why go to your GP at night when your work will let you go during the daytime?

SO they are paying GPs 150 quid an hour in the evening to sit in surgeries that are hardly booked and have a massive do not attend percentage.

The wage war has started in Scotland, the government is proposing all GPs are salaried, no more 150k for 3 days work stuff if they win.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post

The wage war has started in Scotland, the government is proposing all GPs are salaried, no more 150k for 3 days work stuff if they win.
                    Yes, all funded by the English

Comment

Working...
                    X