• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shareholder to withdraw more dividends

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shareholder to withdraw more dividends

Hi all,

I have been contracting for couple of years. I am looking to buy my house and am in need of more cash for my deposit. My accountant advised me to consider making a (non working) friend as my shareholder. I am single so I dont have an option to make my spouse a shareholder.

My friend can withdraw dividends from my company as a shareholder and give that money to me as gift. Is this a safe approach ? Will I get myself in trouble with HMRC ??

Any guidance on this topic will be much appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,
    Sophie

Originally posted by Sophieuk View Post
    Hi all,

I have been contracting for couple of years. I am looking to buy my house and am in need of more cash for my deposit. My accountant advised me to consider making a (non working) friend as my shareholder. I am single so I dont have an option to make my spouse a shareholder.

My friend can withdraw dividends from my company as a shareholder and give that money to me as gift. Is this a safe approach ? Will I get myself in trouble with HMRC ??

Regards,
    Sophie
    Who are your accountants?

Comment

Hi all,

Regards,
      Sophie
      Get rid of the accountant. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by JB3000 View Post
        Who are your accountants?
        hmrc boobytrap accounting services ltd

Comment

That is a very bad idea.

Comment

Hi all,

Regards,
            Sophie
            Safe? No!
            Trouble? Yes!

Comment

If you don't have a friend will they provide one? And are they Nigerian Princes...

That advice is utterly insane on many levels.... I would suggest another accountant...
              Last edited by eek; 26 August 2015, 07:38.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Hi all,

Regards,
                Sophie
                Last edited by northernladuk; 26 August 2015, 07:41.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

But seriously. We are jumping all over the OPs accountant but isn't OP is just as incompetent, if not more so? Contracting for a couple of years and has to ask this? I would love to report this post for trolling but sadly I believe there are people this stupid out there. Disgraceful.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

LOL. Who ever thought of spelling "Sockie" with "ph"? Credit for creativity.

Comment

Working...
                    X