• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Weekend Plans?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend Plans?

It's Friday which means finish off here and dash for a train north as soon as I can. The 4:30 is my current favourite but I will aim for the 4:00

But after that what to do?
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

TFA

Off to the Azores for two weeks tomorrow!

Yipee!

And you?
    Beer
    is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Decided to come in early today, left home at 6:45am so I could get in for 7:30am (45 minute commute), and leave at 4pm although the permies get an hour less on friday so they'll be leaving at 4:30pm

I will then drive onto the m4 and put my handbrake on. It took 2 hours to get home last Friday in near-stationary traffic.

Gonna have a BBQ tomorrow though. I just need to buy a BBQ. And some food. And some charcoal. And some seating. And some booze.

S'alright though innit?

Eek your avatar reminds me of benalish hero
      Unless you're the lead dog, the scenery never changes.

Currently 10+ contracts available in your area

Comment

TFA,

Not much, actually working most of the time on contract A (or is it B, I know it isn't C) as my new server has been delivered so I need to build a system to deliver to a customer next week.

Bundesliga and Premier League also start so will be watching that while stuff loads and installs and gets copied, especially as my local team are now in the first flight after 20 years

Some relaxing in the sun and a spot of cooking

Enjoy the weekend folks....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

TFA

Thinking about taking the boat and outboard up to lakes tomorrow to give rl4 Jr his first trip to/on a lake.

Only problem is, boat (small RIB type) has been stowed in shed for a few years and we recently had an influx (swarm?) Of mice in there seeking a better life. I hope to god they've not chewed it.

Then back for Beer duty Sat night and garden duties Sunday.
          Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
          "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

TFA.

Missus in Ireland with friends until Saturday night which is cleverly timed to miss my sister and Mum visiting tomorrow. Sister going to a local football match with nephew so I'm taking my Mum to tea at the local country house hotel in the Bentley which even at my age banks me some serious brownie points.

Tonight I'm being single, eating lamb chops and drinking a bottle of Hermitage in front of the telly with the surround sound turned up to eleven. Sunday I'm back to painting the pool room.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Tonight: Pizzas on the BBQ
              Tomorrow: Market, picking up some sour dough leaven from a friends bakery to try out, another BBQ of sorts
              Sunday: Possibly making chutney and developing a new recipe for the blog. Preparing for blog's first anniversary next week and oh, another bbq

And in case anyone's interested There's a competition to win a cookbook on the FaceBook page
              Last edited by norrahe; 7 August 2015, 11:26.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

After a stressful couple of days last weekend I'm quite looking forward to doing bugger all.

Though I really really need to get on with updating my c.v. and doing something about finding a job.
                Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Getting ready for my little uns first birthday party

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                    Not much, actually working most of the time on contract A (or is it B, I know it isn't C) as my new server has been delivered so I need to build a system to deliver to a customer next week.
                    Scrap that, just spoken to the BP I'm selling through and they've decided to do the build themselves. I'm just providing technical support...looks like boozer (Biergarten) instead
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X