• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unboomed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
    What a feck of a place and a project. Been offered a 3 month extension, and rejected it.

The project is missing an elbow and an arse. Program manager fired last week. Project manager fired yesterday.

My contract ends tomorrow and I'm returning to Yorkshire
    So they've tulipcanned the fat lad then? Seems reasonable

Comment

I'm having August off to catch up on things and do some flying - highly recommended! Mind you, I say that - it's rained solid the last two days and the only thing I've "got done" is watching a bunch of TV that I've recorded over the last year.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post
        When the writing is on the wall, better to get out, go on holiday, than end up a burnt out wreck that no one wants to hire.
        Actually fair enough. My last gig I was flying in and out of Germany every week. While there spinning every plate. The consultancy MyCo was contracted to didn't give a fig so long as they kept raking it in.

I was the goto guy for everything. I completed the project and it went live on time without a hitch including quite a nasty little Oracle data migration.

End result, it's now 6 weeks later, just recovering from burnout,
        and still waiting for my money.

This was in spite of many many conciliatory emails to the CEO of the small young consultancy asking for backup, asking for the end client to be managed effectively as they were swinging the lead.

I should have walked but wanted to see it through to completion. Truly got burned, while everyone else is doing very nicely.
        Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          So they've tulipcanned the fat lad then? Seems reasonable
          Come see me here or here

I'll show you what is reasonable

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            Actually fair enough. .....

I should have walked but wanted to see it through to completion. Truly got burned, while everyone else is doing very nicely.
            I'm glad you realized that you are not cut out to be a contractor

Comment

Come see me here or here

That first one is full for the next month. Are you sleeping on the beach?

Comment

^This.

Already booked myself a 3 week holiday in South of France in one of those naturist resorts

If anyone wants to see my Dong and nuts, PM me and take a picture for me cos I haven't seen them for decades.
                FTFY

Comment

Come see me here or here

I am going to be around there in early September for a couple of days - I have property on the Catalan side of the region.

Good choice

Comment

I'm glad you realized that you are not cut out to be a contractor
                    Careful sonny. I do bite.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                      Careful sonny. I do bite.
                      Pillows?

Comment

Working...
                      X