• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gold

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gold

"Gold hits five-year low as US interest rate rise looms"

" Gold sank unexpectedly overnight, the lowest in more than five years, amid prospects for higher US rates and after China said it held less metal in reserves than some analysts had expected.

Bullion for immediate delivery tumbled as much as 4.2pc to $1,086.18 an ounce, the lowest price since March 2010, and traded at $1,108.42 in Singapore.

Precious metals also declined, as platinum plunged to the lowest since 2009, while silver and palladium lost more than 2pc.

Gold has fallen out of favor with investors as US Federal Reserve chairman Janet Yellen prepares to raise rates this year on the back of an improving American economy, boosting the dollar.

Higher borrowing costs curb the appeal of commodities such as gold, because the metal doesn’t pay interest or give returns like assets such as bonds and equities.

Meanwhile, China updated its bullion reserves on Friday for the first time since 2009, but the 57pc increase to 1,658 metric tonnes was smaller than had been estimated. "

Gold hits five-year low as US interest rate rise looms - Telegraph

Mr T sold all his goldy looking chains, hence the big fall.

HTH BIDI

Comment

the Americans stopped Gold plating their testicles?
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Lewis Hamilton neck chain worth less than his deck jewellery now. World Chavpion
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
        X