• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Parting with the pets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parting with the pets

We got referred some months back to the allergy consultant bod at the hospital for SY05. Eczema and quite bad flare ups being the reason.

They have finally got back to us with the blood work, and for the limited spectrum of things they tested, he has level 5 for pet dander, and level 2 for miscellaneous pollen.

So we have all had a blubfest this afternoon realising we have to get rid of our pets. Then after doing some reading it appears others have made a go of it by taking measures such as hepatic air filters, replacing carpet with laminate and other such things.

Has anyone had any experience of this heartbreaking decision? Did you make a go of it, or just re-home the pets?

My concern is, there are other allergens we don't yet know about and we will go through the pain of parting with the hairy family members and the poor lad will still be suffering just as badly.

Hard to know the right course of action as most of the pets are extremely elderly and to be fair, re-homing might be harder on the animal than just letting nature take its course and trying to manage things on the eczema front with these front line measures.

And constructive thoughts welcome.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

No, we don't all have blubfests each and every day.

Go and get some counselling for your obvious emotional disorders.

Comment

Parting with the pets

Personally my pets are part of my family, if it can be managed any other way then try that. Your a contractor so the cost of laminate won't bankrupt you.

Elderly pet rehoming = having them put down.

Our dog is stopping us being able to find rental accommodation but I wouldn't get rid of him. I know it's different when kids are involved but if you get rid of them due to flare-ups then I'm guessing the other kids will be pissed with the one that suffers.

Maybe kinder to re-home the kid for a week to the grandparents and see if that makes a difference to his symptoms first?

Comment

Comment

suity, you should seriously consider asking this sort of questions on mumsnet.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            suity, you should seriously consider asking this sort of questions on mumsnet.
            I did consider it, but the blokes on here are far more womanly.
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Liar.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                I did consider it, but the blokes on here are far more womanly.
                Just pretend you are a woman on mumsnet and you'll get tons of sympathy and useful advice.

That's what MF does on regular basis.

Simples.

Comment

I treat my pets as if they were my children. And if one of those little scrotes made me itchy, I have the fckker put to sleep
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Thanks dad

Comment

Working...
                    X