• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Pay - who's used it today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Out of my 6 debit and credit cards only two would register, bit poor and I'm a Fanboi.....
    Have you complained to the relevant banks? It's their fault if they haven't got on board

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Have you complained to the relevant banks? It's their fault if they haven't got on board
      I'm sure the first world can cope.

Comment

Watch out if you want to use it for TfL

TfL: Don't use Apple Pay on the tube if your iPhone battery is low

Might not be a good idea when there's a snarl up somewhere. You might think that your battery charge will last the duration of your journey, but it's probably wise to err on the side of caution for the "unexpected delays" that happen from time to time.

Also check The TfL website
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Before any smart Alec asks: I can't just hold my wallet up to the machine, as it's one of those newfangled wallets with electromagnetic shielding built in to prevent people emptying my bank account by rubbing an electrical device against my arse on a crowded train, or something like that
          Electrical device, arse...sounds distinctly kinky if you ask me
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
            Electrical device, arse...sounds distinctly kinky if you ask me
            Another good reason to avoid crowded trains

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              TfL: Don't use Apple Pay on the tube if your iPhone battery is low

Might not be a good idea when there's a snarl up somewhere. You might think that your battery charge will last the duration of your journey, but it's probably wise to err on the side of caution for the "unexpected delays" that happen from time to time.

Also check The TfL website
              Kash is King.

Your wallet will never run out of electric charge...

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                Out of my 6 debit and credit cards only two would register, bit poor and I'm a Fanboi.....
                How does it work with multiple cards associated? Is one the default?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  How does it work with multiple cards associated? Is one the default?
                  Yes, you set the default card which gets used if you just hold your phone to the terminal, or you can manually select a different card before presenting the phone.

Comment

Working...
                  X