• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Apple Pay - who's used it today?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going to get myself nice iPad Air 2 for holidays...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
      My local Waitrose don't know anything about it

Might try my local Boots.

The new cashless revolution might take a few more days to reach the sticks
      You can more or less use it anywhere there's a contactless pay point.
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        you can use it at the Coop apparently.
        Having worked there last year, that's probably the most startling piece of technology news I've ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
          Having worked there last year, that's probably the most startling piece of technology news I've ever heard.
          Yes given recent events I am surprised they have jumped on this one so early...

Comment

Not me. ******* First Direct and HSBC.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
              You can more or less use it anywhere there's a contactless pay point.
              Waitrose has contactless.

So does Boots, Tesco, Asda.....

In fact the place I was most disappointed was Sainsburys.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Used it this morning at M&S. Saved a second or two of faffing about getting my contactless card out of the wallet and putting it back again. Anything that gets sausages and steak into my ownership slightly faster is a win as far as I'm concerned

Before any smart Alec asks: I can't just hold my wallet up to the machine, as it's one of those newfangled wallets with electromagnetic shielding built in to prevent people emptying my bank account by rubbing an electrical device against my arse on a crowded train, or something like that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Before any smart Alec asks: I can't just hold my wallet up to the machine, as it's one of those newfangled wallets with electromagnetic shielding built in to prevent people emptying my bank account by rubbing an electrical device against my arse on a crowded train, or something like that
                  Is it good enough to shield from an EMP?

Comment

Out of my 6 debit and credit cards only two would register, bit poor and I'm a Fanboi.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Is it good enough to shield from an EMP?

Dunno, I didn't even realise it had this shielding when I bought it

Comment

Working...
                      X