• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Time for the UK to have a new capital?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Not round here they don't. Here near Witney they have a majority government with 60% of the vote and won 100% of the seats they entered. (Actually I'm surprised it wasn't more than 60%. Cameron must be slipping.)
    when did Witney decide to stay in the UK is the important question? Do they still moan about bottling it?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      They got 51% of the votes in Scotland you tit. They don't stand in England. The tories have a majority government with less than 40% of the vote.
      The SNP did not get over 50% of the votes.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        The SNP did not get over 50% of the votes.
        OK, I stand corrected. They got 50% of the votes cast in Scotland, rather than 51%.
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
          OK, I stand corrected. They got 50% of the votes cast in Scotland, rather than 51%.
          They did not get a majority.

Comment

I'm sure there is a remote island somewhere where both could be relocated. PUt them all on a leaky raft and leave them there. Let the rest of us just get on with things without the political crap.
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I have no issue with parliament having 6 billion spent on it getting repaired, Westminster should quite rightly always be regarded as the cradle of modern democracy.

I am not anti royalist but the Queen can go and fook herself, Harry And William can learn to use a cement mixer, mortar joints, fix slates and generally do some graft round the house rather than pretend 10 years doing fook all with a uniform on is a career.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I have no issue with parliament having 6 billion spent on it getting repaired, Westminster should quite rightly always be regarded as the cradle of modern democracy.

I am not anti royalist but the Queen can go and fook herself, Harry And William can learn to use a cement mixer, mortar joints, fix slates and generally do some graft round the house rather than pretend 10 years doing fook all with a uniform on is a career.
                You can't beat that for joined up thinking......
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
                  I'm sure there is a remote island somewhere where both could be relocated. PUt them all on a leaky raft and leave them there. Let the rest of us just get on with things without the political crap.
                  Scotland? And perhaps we could nuke it too.

Comment

Move Parliament to Wigan! (And seven other way to share out London

Comment

The UK has two capitals, U and K
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X