• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere,

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Don't know if this has been raised elsewhere,

but did anyone else think that the big brother/weakest link as portrayed in saturday's Dr. Who would be a good idea? Obviously the housemates couldn't really be chosen from random, but possibly long-term prisoners, the unemployed, NL voters, single-parents under the age of 25, committed religious types, etc. could be up for selection.
    Discuss, or abuse chicken (what's happened to JellyheadJimmy, is he back into solitary, or did his dad catch him using the PC again) or whatever.

I liked the sound of two of the shows we didn't see: "Call My Bluff" with real guns, or "Countdown" in which you have 30 seconds to stop the bomb going off.

Comment

Dr Who

Dundee, you still watching Dr Who? Got a bored after 5 mins of the first episode....gave it the benefit of the doubt and watched the next couple but have given up all hope of it turning into a decent programme.

Comment

Re: Dr Who

The one at the weekend was a good reality TV satire. Final episode this Saturday, which looks rather exciting from the trailer.
        Episode 13 Trailer

Comment

Still wathcing Dr. Who

It's one of those programs that I always watch when it's on.
          Mostly just for nostalgiac reasons (who else here remembers William Hartnell and the blessed Patrick Troughton?), but in my view it's easily the best series for a long time and Ecclestone does bring some vitality to the role.
          In comparison to some of the previous series it's pretty quirkily written, with a fairly good (or at least wisely-used) budget and a reasonable cast.
          But that's not the point. Did you not think it would be a good idea if all reality tv shows did end with the losers being executed?

Comment

Re: Still wathcing Dr. Who

Did you not think it would be a good idea if all reality tv shows did end with the losers being executed?
            For sure. It's the only way around New Labour's "all shall have prizes" mentality.

Comment

Dr Who

Did you not think it would be a good idea if all reality tv shows did end with the losers being executed?
              Without doubt...perhaps you've stumbled on a new Big Brother idea, I'd certainly pay to see the likes of Jade (what's her name) and other z list pretend-celebs being blown apart!

Was a big fan of the original series of Dr Who, would possibly be more appropriate to make a series of films when the scripts could be made into a proper programmes rather than being crammed into such a short space of time.

Comment

Re: Still wathcing Dr. Who

"Mostly just for nostalgiac reasons (who else here remembers William Hartnell and the blessed Patrick Troughton?), "

Not many of you 'Battle of the Somme' old timers around Dundee!

Comment

Battle of the Somme!!!!

Yeah yeah, you kids, think you'll be 21 for ever, eh?

Comment

Re: Battle of the Somme!!!!

Is it true you met the doctor Dundee when he visited the blitz a couple of weeks back.

Are you my mummy? :rollin

Comment

Working...
                    X