• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody neighbour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Serious note the guy isn't a physical risk to your child so the authorities will do SFA. As he is considered a "vulnerable person" they will turn a blind eye to his activities. (I've dealt with that.)

Therefore you need to think of activities which you can suggest to his parents which will limit his behaviour.

For example saying the dog sounds distressed in the garden and should be taken for a 3 hour walk everyday like a good dog owner (hopefully the guy has a concept of time or can understand a watch) will likely work better, than simply saying stop the damn dog barking.

If he does take the dog on long walks both he and the dog will be tired and less annoying. If that doesn't work kidnap and dump the nasty thing, making sure it looks like it escaped through the fence. (OK didn't do that a neighbour's dog but looking tearful about the "distressed" dog being left alone worked, and the dog actually now likes me.)

Likewise getting him to grow plants even if he kills them, and saying his garden is "wonderful" etc and you like what he has done when you see him to stop him strimming will be more constructive than telling him to stop strimming straight. Or work out what manual gardening tool is quite cool to use which he can injury himself with and buy it for him as a present.....
    You could take this approach as well, if you don't want to try and push him over the mental edge.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

You could try befriending and supporting him a bit. Just a thought.

Comment

Take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Talking? To a neighbour? In person?
          Are you mad?

Seriously though as a parent of a disabled child who is likely to be in a similar situation in the future (living alone but with significant support), I would hope that this would be the approach taken.. Or speaking to the parents..

Some of the suggestions on here are ******** ridiculous, I know they were meant as jokes, but seriously... Kidnap a disabled guys dog... Yeah that's a GREAT idea and would have absolutely no negative consequences at all.

Comment

FFS this place gets more like Mumsnet every day
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I like the mix of compassion and downright viciousness - often in the same post.
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Steady on!

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
                  FFS this place gets more like Mumsnet every day
                  I haven't seen anything on centreparcs sexual activities. Or Penis Beaker. Yet...

Comment

Get in Tony Blair as a peace envoy.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLordDave View Post
                      That would be my first port of call but they literally drop him on the street and pick him up on the street, which is hidden by my hedge, they pretty much never come to the house when I'm there.

They go out of their way to avoid us and the other neighbours. Maybe I need to wait outside at 9 and catch them at drop off.
                      Maybe they are embarrassed and/or have only had bad experiences with neighbours before.

It's worth a try to talk with them but easier if you lay some groundwork of politeness first.
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X