• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

That's it, no more Top Gear for me

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seriously, I like Evans. Didn't like the young Evans, but the middle aged version 2.0 is likeable on Radio 2. However I am disappointed with this decision. He is a nice chap but with megalomaniac tendencies buried deep down. Great so long as you don't give him too much power. I would rather listen to a genuine car expert (JC) than a billionaire with a Ferrari collection.

Comment

If you're really interested in cars there's other stuff out there.

I quite enjoy Cars that Rock with AC\DC frontman Brian Johnson on Quest.

Comment

Clarkson's advice on a car would actually affect my buying decision. Not so for Chris Evans.

Apart fro being a buffoon, JC does call it right.

Comment

I do sort of wonder why they don't actually employ a papers motoring journalist like they did originally.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
            Clarkson's advice on a car would actually affect my buying decision. Not so for Chris Evans.

Even when a minion drives an electric car around the block a few hundred times before the filming so it 'amusingly' stops and has to be pushed?

Nissan hits back at Top Gear - Telegraph
            My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
              I do sort of wonder why they don't actually employ a papers motoring journalist like they did originally.
              Quentin with two Ls? Tiff? VBH? Boring...

IMHO we don't want or need experts, who are invariably over-analytical. Clarkson strength was he was at heart an ordinary bloke giving an informed but inexpert view of a car. Same for Hamilton. May was a good motoring journalist in his day but hid it well.

You won't reproduce that with Evans. I admit I think he's a tit and his eternally repetitive morning show makes me cringe but I'm afraid anyone who refers to a car as "she" in a road test isn't fit to comment on one.

Top Gear will continue since BBC needs the brand name. The new version may be watchable, but I'm not holding my breath.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Probably because its not really a motoring show anymore. In the German TV listings its described as a comedy program
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  Quentin with two Ls? Tiff? VBH? Boring...

IMHO we don't want or need experts, who are invariably over-analytical. Clarkson strength was he was at heart an ordinary bloke giving an informed but inexpert view of a car. Same for Hamilton. May was a good motoring journalist in his day but hid it well.

You won't reproduce that with Evans. I admit I think he's a tit and his eternally repetitive morning show makes me cringe but I'm afraid anyone who refers to a car as "she" in a road test isn't fit to comment on one.

Top Gear will continue since BBC needs the brand name. The new version may be watchable, but I'm not holding my breath.
                  They can choose one they like, they don't have to take the Times journalist. Clarkson was with some tiddly northern paper.

Indeed I was all for getting his ex in, she would have been a great den mother for a few nutters to rave about cars.

Crap Evans I have no time for.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post

Top gear has nothing to do with cars - least of all buying them. Its just entertainment.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Robot View Post
                      Chris Evans is new Top Gear host

I'd stopped watching anyway to be honest but the appointment of this dickhead will have me tuning in to Quest for anything motoring related in future.

Chris Evans, to me, epitomises the very worst of the 90s, undoubtedly the worst decade, from a cultural point of view, that I've lived through.

Of course, he's reinvented himself now as some kind of national treasure & we've all forgotten that poor Scottish DJ he goaded on his breakfast show for earning in 1 year what Evans earned in a day

I do shut up Dad and go back to your Daily Mail.

Comment

Working...
                      X