• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 years of happy marriage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you decide on a ring or jewellery gift? Personally, I'd have a gold ring or heavy gold chain bracelet rather than a fancy watch (which I'd like to choose for myself).

And many congrats by the way I'm very impressed! I don't think I'm cut out to be with someone for that long

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      ... as the old joke goes.

Silver wedding anniversary coming up in a few months.

I want to get Mr ms something a bit special, but struggling for ideas. (Hookers are a given.)

I thought about a nice watch (Breitling maybe), but someone (bunk? HyperD?) said it was something he'd need to want, and TBH he doesn't really wear chunky watches.

He doesn't wear any other jewellery, but I wouldn't be averse to buying the male equivalent of an eternity ring if such a thing exists.

Haven't really got a set budget - more than happy to spend a few K for the right present.

Any ideas?
      You could always ask him what he'd like (if anything) for a present.

Just saying, like...

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        Did you decide on a ring or jewellery gift? Personally, I'd have a gold ring or heavy gold chain bracelet rather than a fancy watch (which I'd like to choose for myself).

And many congrats by the way I'm very impressed! I don't think I'm cut out to be with someone for that long
        Decided not to bother, and go with the couple of nights away thing instead.

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
        You could always ask him what he'd like (if anything) for a present.

Just saying, like...
        I did, he said "dunno, nothing", hence the couple of nights away thing instead.

I've made it clear it's my present to him, therefore it's not unreasonable for me to expect a present in return

Comment

Decided not to bother, and go with the couple of nights away thing instead.

I did, he said "dunno, nothing", hence the couple of nights away thing instead.

I've made it clear it's my present to him, therefore it's not unreasonable for me to expect a present in return
          Pearl Necklace?

(and no, I have not read the rest of the thread..... waits......)
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
            Pearl Necklace?

(and no, I have not read the rest of the thread..... waits......)
            I'd prefer a diamond encrusted ring...

Comment

I'd prefer a diamond encrusted ring...
              I really wouldn't use the word encrusted here. Especially when its possible that the encrusting material could be something else.

diamond encrusted is not quite encrusted with diamonds... There is a potential element of doubt which I'm sure would provide some with a cheap joke..
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

... as the old joke goes.

Silver wedding anniversary coming up in a few months.

I want to get Mr ms something a bit special, but struggling for ideas. (Hookers are a given.)

I thought about a nice watch (Breitling maybe), but someone (bunk? HyperD?) said it was something he'd need to want, and TBH he doesn't really wear chunky watches.

He doesn't wear any other jewellery, but I wouldn't be averse to buying the male equivalent of an eternity ring if such a thing exists.

Haven't really got a set budget - more than happy to spend a few K for the right present.

Any ideas?
                Strange as you always post on here as the downtrodden hausfrau with simmering hatred for your beloved.
                Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                  Strange as you always post on here as the downtrodden hausfrau with simmering hatred for your beloved.

Not sure where you got downtrodden from - au contraire, he's more than happy for me to do my own thing. I confess I have been known to moan about his priorities in life (footie first, second and third) but he's like a comfy pair of slippers - irreplaceable.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
                    hey Suity not everyone can be the catch you are!
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X