• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

3 years of happy marriage...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1592...iamond-wedding is quite nice - but looks quite chunky - wouldn't it rub against other fingers?
    oh that is quite nice, would worry about the rubbing, took me ages to get used to a traditional wedding ring.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I want to show him how much I love him.

Then I'd donate that money to Barnardos or summat on his behalf and get them to send a thank you card to him.

You are not just arrogant, but also a selfish contractor.

Comment

Breitlings are chunky (and often blingy too). A nice understated Omega Seamaster might be nice. The 42mm case on the 300m doesn't look big at all and it's relatively thin too.

Or, depending on how much to spend (tip: buy pre-owned but unworn - people collect but never wear them), the moonwatch is nice because of the history - making it 'special'. Just don't get the authentic plastic glass version as it'll scratch to easy.

I think appreciating the amazing engineering inside (which you don't even have to be into watches to do) makes it much nicer than a lump of metal on your finger.

Comment

I think a watch is a nice idea. However, as others have indicated, it's quite a personal choice. Although the surprise is nice, you might want to take him to a high-end watch shop unexpectedly; that way he can choose one and still have the surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
            Get him a hose-pipe and some golfballs
            How cruel, he'll think he's in line for a really memorable blowjob in that case.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Pleasant change to see a marriage last that long ! Well done!

A nice Rotary watch may be? They are not very chunky.

See this or this

What is your budget though?
              I bought the one in the first link, although with a metal strap, several years ago. It was intended to be an 'occasional' watch to be worn only a few times a year. Each time I got it out of the box it had stopped, and was sent back to the manufacturer. It is well out of warranty now and I have only worn it 4 or 5 times.

I don't think I can be bothered sending it back a fourth time. It's cost more in my time (travelling back to the jewellers I bought it from, and letter writing) than it cost.

Pile o' tulipe. Would never get another Rotary.

On the plus side, me 'n' Mrs RS will be celebrating 30 years (Pearl) next March

Comment

I wouldn't be rushing to buy a watch without a good idea when he wears them and what he wants it for. There is no point buying anything showy if he doesn't want to show off.

While I have a few omegas other fancy watches (its an expensive hobby) surprisingly the one I get most comments on is a £250 Seiko as people don't see the brand and just see the "rose gold" and fancy date window...

Personally though I would just buy Chocolate .
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If he likes Star Wars you could always go for https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1698...?ref=related-0

(Just appeared via Boing Boing on my twitter feed)
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

... as the old joke goes.

Silver wedding anniversary coming up in a few months.

I want to get Mr ms something a bit special, but struggling for ideas. (Hookers are a given.)

I thought about a nice watch (Breitling maybe), but someone (bunk? HyperD?) said it was something he'd need to want, and TBH he doesn't really wear chunky watches.

He doesn't wear any other jewellery, but I wouldn't be averse to buying the male equivalent of an eternity ring if such a thing exists.

Haven't really got a set budget - more than happy to spend a few K for the right present.

Any ideas?
                    Ah, yes, I think I did say something like that, in the airport in Holland possibly.

All I really meant is that some people would be so uncomfortable wearing a few thousand quid on their wrist that they'd either never wear it, or be constantly trying to be so careful with it that it would be more annoying than anything. But if he would be happy enough to wear one, then there are plenty of non-chunky watches out there - Rolex, Omega, Tag, IWC etc.

Have a look at The Watch Gallery. They have quite a good selection on the website to give you some idea of the different styles in a price range.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      If he likes Star Wars you could always go for https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1698...?ref=related-0

(Just appeared via Boing Boing on my twitter feed)
                      I'd get in early. He's broken loads of trade marks, I know the BBC once they see it are going to sue the crap out of him, as they did to a mate of mine who made a load of Tardis cufflinks.
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X