• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So who on CUK is voting Labour?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Even if they declare themselves inside IR35 and pay full tax? Even if they operate via an umbrella company?

Do you really think that someone who wants the flexibility of working for themselves, with a range of clients, and who pays more tax than they could, but is left of centre is a hypocrite?
    I've never met a contractor who's ever paid the full amount of tax. Every contractor takes advantage of every available tax measure they can.

I find anyone who is a contractor and wants to vote Labour is a hypocrite. Everything Labour stands for is against tax benefits for the self employed & flexibility of working.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      Everything Labour stands for is against tax benefits for the self employed & flexibility of working.
      But the Tories are just as hypocritical, if not more so.

Despite all their blathering about the merits of self-employment, and being the party for the self-employed, they haven't and won't abolish IR35.
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Despite all their blathering about the merits of self-employment, and being the party for the self-employed, they haven't and won't abolish IR35.
        What's UKIP's stance on contractors?

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
          I've never met a contractor who's ever paid the full amount of tax. Every contractor takes advantage of every available tax measure they can.

I find anyone who is a contractor and wants to vote Labour is a hypocrite. Everything Labour stands for is against tax benefits for the self employed & flexibility of working.
          I've paid the full amount of tax required of me.

You've convinced me though. I won't be voting Labour now

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
            I've paid the full amount of tax required of me.

You've convinced me though. I won't be voting Labour now
            Have you ever met MF? or has he ever met you?

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
              Have you ever met MF? or has he ever met you?
              Yes, we meet regularly at our local Masonic Lodge.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

Fair point
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

It takes a certain type of dullard to be incapable of imagining someone voting for something wider than their own personal, short-term financial self-interest ...
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    It takes a certain type of dullard to be incapable of imagining someone voting for something wider than their own personal, short-term financial self-interest ...

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They don't even try in my neck of the woods, so no, I won't be voting for them.

But my current personal finances are just a small consideration when deciding who to vote for. I want to be sure that when I've blown all my money on drugs and gigolos I won't be destitute in my dotage.

Comment

Working...
                      X