• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In World's Best-Run Economy, House Prices Keep Falling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In World's Best-Run Economy, House Prices Keep Falling

In World's Best-Run Economy, House Prices Keep Falling -- Because That's What House Prices Are Supposed To Do

On Wiles’s figures, German house prices in 2012 represented a 10 percent decrease in real terms compared to thirty years ago. That is a particularly astounding performance compared to the UK, where real prices rose by more than 230 percent in the same period.
    Good gwd

He makes some excellent points.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

It may account for why German poverty is rising at its fastest rate since the 2nd World War.
    Anyway would you rather be a German pensioner with just your pension having to pay rent till you die or a British one with a pension AND a great big stinking honking fooking fat wedge from selling your family home?
    Are you a loser?
    Didn't do too well at school?
    Can't make it in the most dynamic economy in Europe?
    No good with women?

Then VOTE UKIP! We'll make you whole again

Comment

Originally posted by Euler View Post
      It may account for why German poverty is rising at its fastest rate since the 2nd World War.
      Anyway would you rather be a German pensioner with just your pension having to pay rent till you die or a British one with a pension AND a great big stinking honking fooking fat wedge from selling your family home?
      Hi sas

Comment

There is a distinct lack of low-cost affordable housing in the UK. There are also a lot of people in homes that are too big for them. Maybe what we need is more flexibility in the market so people could easily downsize when their kids move out and free up homes for those with families.

That would be helped if those moving did not suffer a huge hit due to being ripped off by:

a) F* estate agents. It takes no more effort to sell an expensive home than a cheap one, why are fees price based?
        b) F* lawyers. A totally repetitive round of form filling costs anywhere from £700 to £1500.
        c) The F* government. The most expensive time of peoples' lives and the bastards have to take their cut.

Shoot the F* lot of 'em.

PS Yes, I have just had a couple of vodkas.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Germany's also much less crowded country than England. Every man and his dog trying to cram into the South East of England has warped property prices here for at least the last 30 years.

Comment

Doesn't Germany have a lower portion of home owners? Prices are lower because no one cares if you don't own a house, so less demand stifles prices, the exact opposite of the UK
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

So if the price was dropping all the time would you buy one? Or continue to rent and pay someone elses mortgage?

Comment

German reunification about 25 years ago probably accounts for much of it, given that by Western European standards property prices in former East Germany were derisible at the time.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by tomtomagain View Post
                  So if the price was dropping all the time would you buy one? Or continue to rent and pay someone elses mortgage?
                  Is this not one of the core points being made? Government intervention prevents silly price increases so as properties remain for the purpose of residence not investment.

I rent here, I could buy, but I know I'd not find such a nice place.
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    Doesn't Germany have a lower portion of home owners? Prices are lower because no one cares if you don't own a house, so less demand stifles prices, the exact opposite of the UK
                    Yes.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X