• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FYI - Travelling to the US after June 26th

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: USA Flights

>> But then again, flew into Belize about 10 years ago and didn't even need a passport.... But that's a different story.

Spod you secret agent, you...Were you licenced to kill? Did you have an Aston Martin and was there a hot babe in Belize. Or were you peeling potatoes in the cook house?

Comment

Or were you peeling potatoes in the cook house?
      Pretty close, and trudging through hot steamy mountains of tulipe - not a nice place!

Comment

"Did you have an Aston Martin "

I was working in North Carolina a few years back and was in a super market when the kid on the checkout asked if I owned an Aston Martin because he sussed I was English. I told him that only poor people drove Aston Martins in England.

I also trained this Mexican guy in our office to shout 'Oi Wankaah' in preparation for his forthcomming trip to London. I told him it was the insiders way to getting served quickly in all English pubs.

Comment

backtrack

WASHINGTON - Acknowledging international concerns, the United States will revamp its biometric passport requirements to make it easier for foreign travelers from friendly nations to enter the country without a visa, The Associated Press has learned.

The new passport standards — requiring digital photographs to match with a person's unique physical characteristics by October and an embedded identification chip later — would be similar to international biometric guidelines already in place.

The standards take a step back from what the U.S. initially envisioned for biometric passports, but a Homeland Security Department official said Tuesday they represent an "acceptable milestone for now."

The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because the standards have not yet been announced, said Homeland Security still plans to require expanded biometric data in passports in the future.

But without the revision, visitors from so-called visa-waiver nations that could not meet the stricter standards potentially faced being barred from entering the United States this fall. The Homeland Security official said the department was expected to unveil the new standards soon

Comment

> Already on 2 changes of undies a day just thinking about the flight and avoiding plane crash films

Just remember the first law of aeronautics: Take off is optional - landing is compulsory :b

Comment

Take off is optional - landing is compulsory
              And any landing you can walk away from is a good one.

Comment

Working...
              X