• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

My chilli plants

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good effort mini! I wanted to get mine done this weekend but got a new motorised standing desk so put that up. And buggered my back up while sorting it - oh the irony

I usually only do six or so chilli plants each year. An apache or two, a jalapeno and few others. Might do some peppers as well rather than chillis this year too. I am up for a competition so will get some pics up too as soon as they are in

Comment

I had a friend who said he was growing chilli plants, turns out it was Marijuana

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        I had a friend who said he was growing chilli plants, turns out it was Marijuana
        These guys had the right answer. To disguise the plants you need pipe cleaners painted green and ping pong balls painted red. Make a small hole in the ball and insert the pipe cleaner into it and make a small hook like bend at the other end. Hang these over the branches on your marijuana plant it'll look like a tomato plant, nearly...

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Dorset Nagas I did one year. Delivered as a bush (x2)

They are ferocious.

If you like strong pickled onions, drop a scored Dorset Naga into each jar when pickling, certainly livens up the Sunday sandwiches.

Comment

Another one has appeared this morning.

Out of the 22 I was hoping for 11 and to give some away, if this keeps up I will be supplying local restaurants. One of the types grows to 1 meter high.

Comment

One day, an old friend and work colleague who wasn't the brightest spark, asked me out of the blue what the name of the hottest pepper known to mankind was. Now, some would say the Nag Jalapia or something along those lines. To be honest, I don't really know. Nor care, to be honest.

Poor chap, he didn't stand a chance as I happily spoon fed him the utter bulltulip that the hottest pepper known to mankind was in fact the Morningwood Bellend pepper. I even furnished him with a physical description- about 6 to 8 inches long, girth variable, pinkish in colour with a purple tip, and if handled correctly would produce about a teaspoonful of seeds. And I told him they sold it in the Morrison's round the corner.

And off he toddled. And then returned, about half an hour later, blushing, and loudly calling me a bastard to all who would listen.
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Potted on last night.

Think I have got 17 good ones from 22 seeds.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                  Potted on last night.

Think I have got 17 good ones from 22 seeds.

Can I ask if you used a heated propagator?

I am planting mine am Wochende in the propagator.
                  Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Didn't bother with a heated propagator.

They say 20 -25 for germination, my heating is set to 21 and goes off at night so might not be that vital.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                      Didn't bother with a heated propagator.

They say 20 -25 for germination, my heating is set to 21 and goes off at night so might not be that vital.
                      The reason I ask is that you say you planted them nearly 6 weeks ago and they're still really ickle.

I will feedback on my chillis as these will be propagated.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X