• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hold or Hang Up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    I'm on hold at British Airways, 27 minutes now. This is an international call from my mobile phone, God alone knows what this will cost me.

Should I hang up and cut my losses?

Or stay on hold, hoping that surely it can't be much longer?

Oh, and I need a stress pill.
    You need WeQ4U on your droid phone. They cover lots of 0800 and 0845 type numbers. If you get in a queue, hit the designated key and leave your phone ON. The call is ended on your phone to them saving you waiting and wasting minutes. They phone you back when an agent picks up your original call.

It works too!
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

They lost our bags on the way to Italy once, phone charger was in the bag so I called BA from the hotel phone. Two calls with half an hour wait time on each came to 125 Euro. BA started off claiming that their maximum phone compo was £25, but they coughed up the full amount in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Hang on, was that you? In the PVC mini skirt?
        that was me, the uniforms they make you wear on the long haul flights.

Sorry we were out of axle grease, NLYUK had been busy on the outward journey.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
        X