• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets talk about sex baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets talk about sex baby

Teach Primary School Kids About Sex, MPs Say | LBC

apparently its not the establishment hiving off vulnerable kids and grooming them that is the issue its because 5 year olds don't know its wrong.

arrrrgh,

why not just find the culprits and use 2 house bricks and a rusty spoon to make sure they don't do it again!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Should kids not be told about dangers of drugs? Favouring some kind of 'war on drugs' to keep them safe instead? What a novel idea!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      apparently its not the establishment hiving off vulnerable kids and grooming them that is the issue its because 5 year olds don't know its wrong.
      It's not quite that simple.

If a child is taught at school what is appropriate and what isn't, then they are significantly more likely to report any abuse to someone who can do something about it. If they are lead to believe that it's right (because that's what abusers typically do), then they remain silent because they don't understand about what is right or wrong.

No-one is suggesting that abuse is caused because children don't know better, as you imply, but if they do know that it's clearly wrong then the chances of them saying something, which then results in the arrest and prosecution of those involved, increases.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Teach Primary School Kids About Sex, MPs Say | LBC

why not just find the culprits and use 2 house bricks and a rusty spoon to make sure they don't do it again!
        Wtf do you do with the spoon

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          It's not quite that simple.

If a child is taught at school what is appropriate and what isn't, then they are significantly more likely to report any abuse to someone who can do something about it. If they are lead to believe that it's right (because that's what abusers typically do), then they remain silent because they don't understand about what is right or wrong.

No-one is suggesting that abuse is caused because children don't know better, as you imply, but if they do know that it's clearly wrong then the chances of them saying something, which then results in the arrest and prosecution of those involved, increases.
          you realise almost all the abuse in Rotherham and at the guest house was reported at some time and ignored by the authorities?

Then they blame the victim with this tosh, maybe if the kids are wearing mini skirts they are asking for it?

I understand telling kids about their private places and to tell someone about it. Fair enough but as most authority figures it seems won't do anything about it pray what is the point?

They need to make those that did those appalling things and those that turned a blind eye very very sorry!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
            Wtf do you do with the spoon
            improvise

Comment

I struggle to imagine any situation where more education is a bad thing. More to the point, this isn't about teaching 5 year olds to go and hump each other. Rather, it's about them understanding their bodies and understanding relationships.

I don't see any blame being placed on children in the slightest - most kids who are abused feel it's wrong anyway, but don't really understand why. Perhaps if they were taught early on what's okay and who is at fault there'd be fewer cases of systematic grooming.

I had fairly comprehensive sex education in Year 6, so age 10 or so. I came away from it just thinking girls are even more gross than I thought.

Of course, we could always go back to the 'There's no such thing as sex' way of thinking which has worked oh so well before.

Comment

Wasn't most of the Rochdale stuff wayward teen girls? No less disgraceful but a very different set of circumstances, and I don't really see that helps to conflate the two. For a start, abusers of post pubescent teenage girls are a lot of disgusting things, but they're not generally paedophiles.

Comment

you realise almost all the abuse in Rotherham and at the guest house was reported at some time and ignored by the authorities?
                  It's cheaper and easier to ignore teenagers who complain of sexual abuse especially if they are "wild" children in care who may be sexually active anyway due to being teenagers.

Then they blame the victim with this tosh, maybe if the kids are wearing mini skirts they are asking for it?

I understand telling kids about their private places and to tell someone about it. Fair enough but as most authority figures it seems won't do anything about it pray what is the point?
                  Child abuse of those primary school age is treated differently from those secondary school age. You just need to look in the papers to see the difference in headlines.

They need to make those that did those appalling things and those that turned a blind eye very very sorry!
                  The establishment are not going to do each other in.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                    I struggle to imagine any situation where more education is a bad thing. ...
                    Why? It's a question of what is appropriate to the age of the kids. For example, we don't usually detail the horrors of the holocaust to pre-teens.

Pretending that sex doesn't exist and being coy about it to children is, however, stupid.

The article say "age appropriate relationship and sex education". The argument should be focused on what is appropriate - not on whether the kids should receive some kind of education on these matters. The trouble is the phrase "sex education" provokes a knee jerk response in some people. Sex education covers a huge range of topics - some suitable to 5 year olds, some definitely not.
                    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                    X