• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets talk about sex baby

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
    With children as young as 11 getting pregnant in the UK, opposing explicit sex education for 5 year olds bears little relevance.

I failed to read the story and therefore do not know what I'm talking about!

FTFY
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There are two things here

1) teaching children about the biological aspects of reproduction - that is fine and should be taught at schools

2) Teaching children about the various different sexual preferences/ genders etc is not to be taught to primary school kids.

Comment

If some bloke had told my daughter he was going to educate her in the ways of the birds and bees , I would have decked him.
        just because he is a teacher, does that make it all suddenly safe ??
        Likewise with some bird.

Theres's loads of pervs working in schools or singing in rock and roll bands, and it's up to the parent to bring their kids up safely.

The state should provide back up, not take over the role of parent
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

NickyBoy presents the well-worn spurious argument of "If you're against this, then you're just a prude", failing to understand that it's possible to be not prudish while still thinking sex education should be age appropriate, and not all kids mature at the same time.

The answer to teen pregnancy for the past thirty years or so of governments of all political hues is "More sex education". And it hasn't made it better. In the Netherlands, they have comprehensive sex education, but don't have the same teen pregnancy problems. Same here in Switzerland. In my daughters and sons schools (they're all past school age now) over a twelve year period, there were exactly zero teen parents. There may have been the odd abortion, but certainly none that were known about in my kids' classes.

Schools do have a role in sex education, and relationship lessons are a good thing. What isn't good is the non-condemnation of stupid kids who get themselves/their girlfriends up the duff.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
            You've made a lot of assumptions there about what others think and how they deal with sex in their household.

It is not up to the State to do this, it is up to parents to do it. And getting the State to do it introduces ideology which seeks to be non-judgmental about life choices. Well, life choices have consequences. I didn't see jack-sh** in the video I referred to about the consequences (financially, psychologically, etc.) of starting sex too young.

And because others cannot deal with giving their children values and teaching them the birds and bees does not mean that me and mine have to be strapped in to go along with the state- (and Quango-) sanctioned version of it. There is a lot of money in sex ed, and a lot of ideology in it too, that goes way beyond the birds and bees.
            Of course its up to the state. Its the state that pays for the lack of education. 9/10 yr olds talk about sex etc in the playground all the time. If they arent told the facts they can end up getting into a lot of difficult situations.

I can't believe im reading this stuff on here. Loads of parents hardly even speak to their kids!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              There are two things here

1) teaching children about the biological aspects of reproduction - that is fine and should be taught at schools

2) Teaching children about the various different sexual preferences/ genders etc is not to be taught to primary school kids.
              Is this your thoughts? Children should not be taught about sexual preferences?

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
                Of course its up to the state. Its the state that pays for the lack of education. 9/10 yr olds talk about sex etc in the playground all the time. If they arent told the facts they can end up getting into a lot of difficult situations.

I can't believe im reading this stuff on here. Loads of parents hardly even speak to their kids!
                It's the state that funds the teenage mothers so its a better career move to get pregnant than go to school.

It's the state that excludes the parents from their children's contraception decisions despite the fact in many cases a crime is being committed.

Comment

Originally posted by Underscore Pt2 View Post
                  Is this your thoughts? Young Primary school Children should not be taught about sexual preferences?
                  FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    FTFY
                    Wvs

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                      FTFY
                      ofcourse they should... its normal human bevaviour. Wow have we stepped back into the dark ages.

Comment

Working...
                      X