• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds - happy 2 week holiday everyone

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay that explains the contract bit, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
      Wouldn't your standard rate already just be the most you think you could get?
      I wondered if when called up and you discover the client is lloyds you add 30% because you know they will do the nasty on you sooner or later.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        I wondered if when called up and you discover the client is lloyds you add 30% because you know they will do the nasty on you sooner or later.
        Well, you can try but you won't get very far.

Comment

Who was the numpty on the call with the CIO?

Saying it's unfair that contractors got a 'pay cut' - your a business, deal with it!!

That said, you got balls!
          Last edited by portseven; 18 February 2015, 12:20.
          Politicians are wonderfull people, as long as they stay away from things they don't understand, like working for a living!

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            No I just saw sorry not interested. Same with Barclays...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              No I just saw sorry not interested. Same with Barclays...
              +1, I started with Lloyds once on £550, took the cut on the first extension, and by the second extension, they were offering me just north of £450. No thanks. Now the roles are being advertised for £450 from the get-go, which means after 9 months, you're potentially looking at just north of £360.

Comment

I suppose they are at least waiting until renewal time.

Comment

Originally posted by unixman View Post
                  Very true. But they don't do other themselves or other contractors any favours by entertaining stunts like sudden rate cuts. Ultimately it is bad for the banks too, because contractors will just front load their rates, leading to more expense, not less. It is a poor way to do business because it just damages the trust all parties. For a short term, perceived saving. Now where have we heard that before...

Actually quite surprising that contract wording allow this.
                  They wont be able to front load their rates because Lloyds use rigid rate cards. They'll have a max rate pre set and Id be surprised if they budge an inch on it.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                    Is anyone at Red Lion Court? I currently pass it daily into Cannon St station and it always looks a tad deserted

Spent an awful chunk of contracting life there - v.fond memories
                    I was there one time, with a ClientCo hat on. The place was bursting at the seams with ICTs I recall. It looked like an awful place to be

Comment

Originally posted by jjdarg View Post
                      +1, I started with Lloyds once on £550, took the cut on the first extension, and by the second extension, they were offering me just north of £450. No thanks. Now the roles are being advertised for £450 from the get-go, which means after 9 months, you're potentially looking at just north of £360.
                      INKSPE

Comment

Working...
                      X