• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You know that moment when you think how could I have been so stupid part 5?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Come all without, come all within. You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

This year I am doing a Manfred Mann and attempting a Continuous Quin - a 12.5 mile swim, 560 mile cycle followed by a 130 mile run. This will be unsupported which is an extra challenge in itself. And I will be using cheap equipment - my wetsuit cost £200 and my bike £300.

https://www.justgiving.com/AndrewNeil1/

I hope you are all well?

I am off training now
    Does continuous mean the obvious - the start gun goes off and the timer runs until you reach the end? Does that imply you actually do it non-stop, or that you are responsible for figuring out your rest/sleep stops as part of your strategy?
    I have absolutely no idea - what kind of duration are you looking at realistically?

I have not been here for a month. Does my posting once a month irritate you?
    That's a risky question

Good luck with the training.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      You're completely barmy, but you knew that anyway
      January was much better mentally. I found the gates to the CUK asylum open and went to the real world. Not sure how I found my way back in.

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Does continuous mean the obvious - the start gun goes off and the timer runs until you reach the end? Does that imply you actually do it non-stop, or that you are responsible for figuring out your rest/sleep stops as part of your strategy?
      I have absolutely no idea - what kind of duration are you looking at realistically?

That's a risky question

Good luck with the training.
      Doogie - you are totally correct that gun goes off and you just go until you finish. For a triple its possible to do it without sleep, but for a quin I will need to sleep. I have no strategy - apart from there being a live feed where you lot can check my progres - and send me inspirational messages. I can't wait...

Comment

Come all without, come all within. You'll not see nothing like the mighty Quinn.

This year I am doing a Manfred Mann and attempting a Continuous Quin - a 12.5 mile swim, 560 mile cycle followed by a 130 mile run. This will be unsupported which is an extra challenge in itself. And I will be using cheap equipment - my wetsuit cost £200 and my bike £300.

https://www.justgiving.com/AndrewNeil1/

I hope you are all well?

I am off training now
        You do realise that too much jogging is bad for you?

We have that on no less authority than the Beeb a few days ago

edit: Not sure if first line should really have a question mark, although it is a thetorical question.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
          You do realise that too much jogging is bad for you?

We have that on no less authority than the Beeb a few days ago

edit: Not sure if first line should really have a question mark, although it is a thetorical question.
          Radio 4's More or Less are covering that study tomorrow. In a trail on PM they revealed that it's pretty much rubbish: in the ten years the study ran, the number of joggers that died was two out of thirty-six; and their causes of death weren't mentioned, and quite possibly had nothing to do with how much or how little exercise they took anyway.

More tomorrow at 16:30

Comment

Doogie - you are totally correct that gun goes off and you just go until you finish. For a triple its possible to do it without sleep, but for a quin I will need to sleep. I have no strategy - apart from there being a live feed where you lot can check my progres - and send me inspirational messages. I can't wait...
            Starting again after that sleep is going to be SOOOOOO bad.
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Found a training partner for you:

Maybe you could run him into an early grave?
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Since that post I was very ill. The Mrs BP's mum died. Then I was very ill. Then I was made redundant.

8 weeks to go and training is minimal.

This is going to be fun...

Comment

Since that post I was very ill. The Mrs BP's mum died. Then I was very ill. Then I was made redundant.
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Sorry to hear that Hope it goes well!
                    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

KUATB
                      What happens in General, stays in General.
                      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Working...
                      X