• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

FAO AtW - Trained people with guns

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAO AtW - Trained people with guns

Caught on camera: Policeman shoots off his own finger while browsing gun shop - Mirror Online

where there is blame there is a claim.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I fail to see how this is a problem? It was his gun, his responsibility and he shot off his own finger. Should be fired for incompetence.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I fail to see how this is a problem? It was his gun, his responsibility and he shot off his own finger. Should be fired for incompetence.
        It wasn't his gun.

Comment

Originally posted by FatLazyContractor View Post
          It wasn't his gun.
          It was in his possession, and when somebody holding a loaded gun ask you if it's their gun, then you say - YES SIR, would you like some fries with it?

Comment

It was in his possession, and when somebody holding a loaded gun ask you if it's their gun, then you say - YES SIR, would you like some fries with it?
            Finger fries, in this case.

Comment

A fully trained person goes to examine a gun and fires his finger off! That is the point FFS.

Comment

A fully trained person goes to examine a gun and fires his finger off! That is the point FFS.
                Where did I say that he was fully trained? All I said is that it's his fault, so I don't see any issues.

Lots of fully trained drivers kill whilst driving, 4000 every year in UK alone, that's weekly 7/7 event.

Anyway, you've got very unhealthy obsession with guns, better calm yourself down.

Comment

Where did I say that he was fully trained? All I said is that it's his fault, so I don't see any issues.

Lots of fully trained drivers kill whilst driving, 4000 every year in UK alone, that's weekly 7/7 event.

Anyway, you've got very unhealthy obsession with guns, better calm yourself down.
                  You didn't. I am saying it. He is a Police officer who is trained to handle guns/pistols/cocks etc.

You were shouting on top of your voice, standing on top of a DFS sofa (in the French shooting thread) saying that mistakes don't happen if the person is trained to use guns etc.

Now stop behaving like DodgyAgent

Comment

You were shouting on top of your voice, standing on top of a DFS sofa (in the French shooting thread) saying that mistakes don't happen if the person is trained to use guns etc.
                    I never said. Mistakes happen even in NASA. You can minimize mistakes and provide insurance cover for when they happen, that's the right responsible approach.

Say in UK police firearms training pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                    X