• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Breaking news

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know lots of Muslims. As for sausages they eat lots, theyre just veggie, turkey, lamb, and so on. They very much do eat sausages just not pork ones.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Does she have really horrible ones or something?
      Unless they really are pixelated in real life I don't know; I couldn't see.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
        Unless they really are [/s]pixelated[/s] Pixie Lott's in real life I don't know; I couldn't see.
        FTFY

Comment

Originally posted by NickyBoy View Post
          It's the Daily Mail.

Assume its a lie until you get a second source.
          Here you go. A sausage saga: UK publisher bans pork references in children's books - International - Jerusalem Post
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Breaking news

I'm still struggling to see what sort of a person / religion would get "offended" by simply reading about something that their religion doesn't allow but that the rest of society does?

Is this just a poor attempt at a wind-up, or some lefty do-good we thinking that they know what's best for the rest of us?

Edit: read the article now, it looks like a lefty liberal type....
            Last edited by meridian; 14 January 2015, 17:31.

Comment

You might like to know that some educational texts from the OUP and other publishers in the UK which are bound for the USA market don't mention subjects like evolution as thats a sensitive subject for some people there. The DM, and others, have only jumped on this due to the current climate, i.e.

Banned from US textbooks: owls, ketchup, dinosaurs and old ladies with cats - Telegraph

Banning Tintin from children's shelves is 'politically correct lunacy', says Vatican newspaper - Telegraph

Happens in Germany too: Publisher Criticized for Removing Racist Terms from Children's Book - SPIEGEL ONLINE
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

once again the uk is bending over backwards to pacify minorities.

we need to be more like the Major of Rotterdam

Linky

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  once again the uk is bending over backwards to pacify minorities.
                  Who more importantly haven't even asked for it.

The Jewish Leadership Council said in response that "Jewish law prohibits eating pork, not the mention of the word, or the animal from which it derives."

British-Muslim Labor MP Khalid Mahmood was also quoted by the Mail as saying, "I absolutely agree. That’s absolute utter nonsense. And when people go too far, that brings the whole discussion into disrepute."
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What complete and utter bollocks.

Maybe we should ship all the liberal lefties out of the country and then we won't get self imposed censorship that neither the Jews or Muslims asked for.

#JeSuisPeppaPorc

Last edited by SantaClaus; 14 January 2015, 21:01.
                    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Self censorship by the touchy feely lefty PC wombats desperately seeking something, anything to be offended by on other peoples behalf.
                      It's been a curse and an attack on the freedom of speech for decades now

please God that it ends soon. esp after what happened in Paris.

#IamAPorkSausageAndSoIsTheMissus
                      (\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X