• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic Attacks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eek View Post
    As you claim to be his friend and we know that Suity really doesn't have any friends, we have only 1 of 2 plausible scenarios here:-
    Show me where I did, you twoot !

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      This is a strange tactic Suity;

Either this is true and therefore you should obviously be getting professional medical help asap rather than posting on here. Plus this thread can be used to score points next time you are pointing out how much better you are than everyone else.

Or it's not serious and you're therefore both throwing logs on the Suity is a hypochondriac attention seeker who makes stuff up fire and you're belittling a serious condition which won't help your cause either.

Option 1 bad for suity IRL, not too bad for suity the cukker
      Option 2 good for suity IRL, bad for suity the cukker.

Which is it? Inquiring minds need to know.
      None of the Above...

Suity is just getting a headstart for next year's CUK'ker awards. He's lying the foundations for Best Thread atm.

I am sure there will be others. I really can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
        None of the Above...

Suity is just getting a headstart for next year's CUK'ker awards. He's lying the foundations for Best Thread atm.
        I never thought one should work so hard for of the year award!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          What about Brillo?
          Not really a friend, more like a fart who lingers on.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            I've got this mate who's a contractor. He's not normally prone to panic attacks but of late he's had a few.

He works away a lot, and has a young family, so naturally he worries about his health. Not much of a gym junky, but of late he's been hitting the gym a lot and has lost quite a bit of weight and looks much slimmer and is clearly a lot fitter.

He has to watch his blood pressure a bit as this has been diagnosed as grade 1 hypertension, but a mild dose of a bp med keeps it in check generally.

Last night he calls be as suddenly his BP has spiked. Quite high in fact. I told him to try and calm down, meditate and just generally chill. He did this and it eventually came back down to normal levels.

It surprised me just how powerful an effect a panic attack can have on blood pressure. I told him to go back to the quacks and see what the doctor can prescribe to balance him out a bit, but he seems reluctant.

Anyone on here suffer from panic attacks? How do you keep them in check? Medication? Yoga? Zen?
            In my experience, meditation and breathing techniques will help stop you getting to the point of panic. If you are getting panicky, then go to a quiet room, sit down and use 7/11 breathing techniques...breathe in slowly to a count of 7, breathe out slowly to a count of 11... do that for 10 minutes and you should calm down. Focus on the thought that "right here and now, there is no actual problem - the anxiety is about some event in the future and that may or may not eventuate". If you having actual panic attacks, which are very very scary (you might actually believe you are going to die), I would go to a Dr and get some SSRIs to treat anxiety whilst looking at meditation techniques to chill out + good fitness, good sleep, lower alcohol, lower stress (ie. transfer into a boring lifestyle - boring as in "on the level" - less highs but less of these awful anxiety driven lows) - act your age.

Comment

Working...
            X