• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cameron desperate to lose ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by turbowoowoo View Post
    A deficit, where used for investment which yields greater return is good...
    No, there is NO GOOD DEFICIT in Govt.

There never was.

PROFICIT is good.

Live within your means. Or go bankrupt.

Comment

It's the grand coalition in Germany that's balanced the books.

Works well, because it allows the government to ignore the inevitable nutcases you have in any party so ministers can just focus on getting their jobs done.
      I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
        It's the grand coalition in Germany that's balanced the books.
        Germany got sensible people, even if you look at the unions there they are working with the management in the interest of business. When was the last underground workers strike in Berlin?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Germany got sensible people, even if you look at the unions there they are working with the management in the interest of business. When was the last underground workers strike in Berlin?
          I agree mostly with your point but you've used a very bad example. I would also not be using anyone in the airline industry.

BBC News - Germany's Deutsche Bahn set for 'longest rail strike'

Comment

At least their trains on time, faster and much cheaper than UK ones!

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I agree mostly with your point but you've used a very bad example. I would also not be using anyone in the airline industry.

BBC News - Germany's Deutsche Bahn set for 'longest rail strike'
              ATW again not listening

Comment

No, there is NO GOOD DEFICIT in Govt.

There never was.

PROFICIT is good.

Live within your means. Or go bankrupt.
                You are still not listening. Try Economics for dummies

Whilst a surplus is mostly preferred to a deficit long term investment via a deficit can be very very positive.

You have been listening to too many Sun headlines!!

Comment

At least their trains on time, faster and much cheaper than UK ones!
                  Romans what have they ever done for us!?

Comment

Whilst a surplus is mostly preferred to a deficit long term investment via a deficit can be very very positive.
                    Yes it CAN BE, but in case of Govt it almost always waste of money - corruption and incompetence, Govt simply can't be trusted with long term investments of YOUR MONEY (be it via debt to repay for future generations or taxes now).

You have been listening to too many Sun headlines!!
                    I never read the Sun even when I get the chance to flick through it.

HTH

Comment

Working...
                    X