• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How to comfort a crying woman.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to comfort a crying woman.

How to comfort a crying woman - Telegraph

• In a work environment:
    Say: “I’m sorry you are upset. Are you OK? Would you like me to give you some space for a while or would you like to talk about what is bothering you?”
    Action: Make her a cup of tea, as it makes everything better.
    • In a friendship or relationship situation:
    Say: Nothing for now. Don’t assume it’s your fault and wait for her to speak.
    Action: Give her a hug, immediately, if not sooner. Hug her for as long as she maintains the embrace, even if you are getting snot on your shirt. Then make her a cup of tea, as it makes everything better.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Does tea really fix everything?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1Cpc8Vw-2A

HTH

Comment

I have this problem almost every Sunday. More whisky, on top of what she has already had when she rings my doorbell, is the only viable solution.

PS Mind you, she has the same problem with me, the solution is more vodka.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        How to comfort a crying woman - Telegraph

• In a work environment:
        Say: “I’m sorry you are upset. Are you OK? Would you like me to give you some space for a while or would you like to talk about what is bothering you?”
        Action: Make her a cup of tea, as it makes everything better.
        • In a friendship or relationship situation:
        Say: Nothing for now. Don’t assume it’s your fault and wait for her to speak.
        Action: Give her a hug, immediately, if not sooner. Hug her for as long as she maintains the embrace, even if you are getting snot on your shirt. Then make her a cup of tea, as it makes everything better.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Does tea really fix everything?
        Wine works better.

Comment

No rude suggestions please.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Wine works better.
            Not sure its appropriate at work.

Comment

Not sure its appropriate at work.
              Do women cry in public at work? I thought it was good form to go into the ladies' to weep.

Comment

Do women cry in public at work? I thought it was good form to go into the ladies' to weep.
                Just going from the article. Personally I have never seen anyone cry at work - I suspect that's because anyone under stress shovels Charlie up their nose.

Comment

Just going from the article. Personally I have never seen anyone cry at work - I suspect that's because anyone under stress shovels Charlie up their nose.
                  I've snivelled in the toilets occasionally. I cried in public in the pub once which was a little embarrassing, but I was a little tired and emotional. My male friend went for the embarrassed pat on the back technique.

Comment

I've snivelled in the toilets occasionally. I cried in public in the pub once which was a little embarrassing, but I was a little tired and emotional. My male friend went for the embarrassed pat on the back technique.
                    Which CUK meet up was that?

Comment

Working...
                    X