• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You reap what you sow

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christianist sect

That isn't what I asked.

Comment

O cos everyone who say 'Lord, Lord" not enter de kingdom o hevin, it got be sayed "Lawd, Lawd". E'en de debil know dat.

Comment

So if it's not what you say but what you do that matters (which has to be correct), then why does it matter if you're a Christian or not?

Comment

Belief

Well its more important what you believe and the actions arising out of your beliefs rather than a label.

Comment

Re: Belief

So, is there any room in the Christian heaven for people who "do the right thing for the wrong reason" as it were? Say, for example, the tribesman who lives a good life, is kind to his neighbours, selfless and all the rest of it, but has never even heard of Christianity never mind been baptised into the Christian church?

Comment

Well I do not decide who gets into heaven but I personally believe everyone will get at least one opportunity in their lifetime to hear about Jesus and have a chance to accept or reject him. This way Christians are very focused on evangelism - taking the Good News to every nation. Its our "Great Commission". The Bible says

Romans 9

9That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. 10For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved. 11As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame."[e] 12For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."[f]

Comment

So, is there any room in the Christian heaven for people who "do the right thing for the wrong reason" as it were? Say, for example, the tribesman who lives a good life, is kind to his neighbours, selfless and all the rest of it, but has never even heard of Christianity never mind been baptised into the Christian church?
                According to the rules? No

You must accept Christ as the son of God bla bla bla to get into heaven

Used to have quite a few "interesting conversations" with my ex and her mother (both pretty religious) about that, my opinion that i would prefure to go to hell anyway as thats were all the interesting people have probably ended up anyway (like ever looked at the list of things that bar you from heaven? *shakes head* even nun's would have a hard time getting in) never went down to well for some reason

Comment

Seems a bit harsh. So prior to the era of mass communication, most people who led good and blameless lives but through simple bad fortune had never heard the Christian message were, in theory, consigned to eternal damnation? Presumably along with all those who were around before Jesus was born?

If I were God, I think I might have had more than one son to ensure My message was spread around a bit more and that everyone had a fair chance. Otherwise, it makes the "God loves all of his children" message seem like a bit of New Labour propaganda - sounds good in a news soundbite, but short on substance once you look behind the scenes.

Comment

Harsh? lol when you give it thought whole organized religion thing is a load of crap with more holes/flaws than...well Labour policy

Like take these two scenarios

Hitler or someone like him, before they die they confess & repent their sins = Goes to heaven
                    The "perfect" priest, on a sinking ship, gives up his place on the lifeboat to woman with babe in arms, thus esencially committing suicide = Straight to Hell

Now if thats the "justice of the supreme being" is it any wonder Satan lead the angels in revolt?

Comment

What if de one opportunity of de lifetime to hear bout Jesus come from complete dipstick who done talk total bollox mos of de time and when ah gets me to hebin ahs gonna blame dat him ah say I heard yo word lawd but him man who he tell me he garble it an mix it all up and he done talk total bollox mos de time so ahs confused an I not hear yo true message an de lawd say to me he say lawks a mighty sho nuff dat so true him chico he allus mixing up ma words and he done talk bollox like yo say it not yo fault yo come in de pearly gates him chico go down de debil way fo screwin it allus time.

Comment

Working...
                      X