• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

So...anybody ask for any of this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    I'd put money on you needing to use 2 structures, FLC for the Agency work (after they've changed the rules) and MyCo Ltd for all the rest.

Efficient or desirable? Nope.
    Yup, that would be what I see happening too.

I find the whole "FLC" concept to be far too well aligned with HMRC's perception of a "PSC" for comfort.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
      I'd put money on you needing to use 2 structures, FLC for the Agency work (after they've changed the rules) and MyCo Ltd for all the rest.

Efficient or desirable? Nope.
      And the concept is not new in the same way that if you now have two concurrent contracts, one can be inside and the other outside. A PSC/FLC whatever you want to call it would be no different and could easily be mandated concurrently and at TWICE the cost
      Last edited by tractor; 6 November 2014, 12:12.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
        I've opened a thread on the ipse forums (in General) if specific questions you want and answer on I'm happy to raise at the next CC meeting in 2 weeks time.
        Done. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tarbera View Post
          I've opened a thread on the ipse forums (in General) if specific questions you want and answer on I'm happy to raise at the next CC meeting in 2 weeks time.
          Thank you. But also worth pointing out that the impact of this will be much wider than ipse members, so opinions and questions expressed by non-members here are very valid - one can hardly expect people to pay to join an organisation whose views they disagree with just so that their objections can be heard.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Thank you. But also worth pointing out that the impact of this will be much wider than ipse members, so opinions and questions expressed by non-members here are very valid - one can hardly expect people to pay to join an organisation whose views they disagree with just so that their objections can be heard.
            So how do you propose we do that then?
            Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              +1

Even though I am a member, I have made this point several times. Which means that those considering leaving IPSE for whatever reason must understand that their ability to keep abreast of what is going on is limited to fora and resources such as this (which is why one reason this forum is so valuable )

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                You find a way of including the 4.5m.

If that means opening up a public forum on IPSE or engaging them professionally in places such as this then that is a good start.

Who knows, it may work wonders for membership numbers.

How's that for an idea? (note, no tumbleweed or sarcasm )
                Last edited by tractor; 6 November 2014, 13:17.

Comment

Maybe through the same mechanism that IPSE decided that self-employed workers needed and wanted representation by an umbrella group? What I mean is that before setting out on this course, surely some type on consultation process was gone through to verify that would be a viable option.

Comment

So stay with a Ltd Co. Why is that a problem?
                    Because in the same way you can refuse to opt out (i.e. give up on the agency sending you forward) you can use your limited company (but the agency won't put you forward).
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Because in the same way you can refuse to opt out (i.e. give up on the agency sending you forward) you can use your limited company (but the agency won't put you forward).
                      I have made this point over there.

Comment

Working...
                      X