• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good films this year so far...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good films this year so far...

Been a while since we had one of these, two spring to mind for this year for me;

Locke:

A classic in my view, one mans car journey with one camera down the M1, as his life falls apart without actually seeing any of it on screen. Funny to see the Yanks complain in the reviews on IMDB, 'this is tulip, cost $50 to make' etc. Class Film.

Rudderless:

Watching it now, bit like 2006's Once in a way, man and music and making it happen...

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Rudderless:

Watching it now, bit like 2006's Once in a way, man and music and making it happen...
    Ohhh, a massive twist with 10 mins left - I did not expect that!!

You all have to see it now lol!

Comment

Ghostbusters... man that was awesome.
      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Watched All Is Lost today starring Robert Redford.

Really enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Watched All Is Lost today starring Robert Redford.

Really enjoyed it.
          I saw the trailer for that. Looks really good.

Non-Stop is excellent. A airline disaster/terrorist type movie with Liam Neeson as a US Air Marshall on board a flight with an unidentified terrorist on board who communicates his threats via anonymous text messages.

Comment

I found Belle Belle (2013) - IMDb

A surprisingly watchable film this year.
            What happens in General, stays in General.
            You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
              Been a while since we had one of these, two spring to mind for this year for me;

Locke:

A classic in my view, one mans car journey with one camera down the M1, as his life falls apart without actually seeing any of it on screen. Funny to see the Yanks complain in the reviews on IMDB, 'this is tulip, cost $50 to make' etc. Class Film.

Rudderless:

Locke's on my list to watch.

Edge of Tomorrow - Kind of a mash up of Groundhog Day and Starship Troopers. Entertaining sci-fi action. Best Cruise movie in a long while.
              Captain America. Winter Soldier. Most of these Hollywood superhero/comic book thingy's are rubbish. This was surprisingly good.

Comment

Originally posted by Flashman View Post
                Locke's on my list to watch.

Edge of Tomorrow - Kind of a mash up of Groundhog Day and Starship Troopers. Entertaining sci-fi action. Best Cruise movie in a long while.
                Captain America. Winter Soldier. Most of these Hollywood superhero/comic book thingy's are rubbish. This was surprisingly good.
                Locke is ace! Watch ASAP!

Here's the trailer for Rudderless, there's a massive twist near the end all the more surprising since it's not really a mystery type movie, totally caught me out and I can usually spot 'em a mile off..

Comment

Gone Girl was really good even if it had Ben Affleck in it
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

He's eye candy.

Comment

Working...
                    X