• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
    Are Ferrari's overpriced? I always thought they were reasonable given they are mass-produced by FIAT now.
    FTFY..

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      What we were expecting:

What we were expecting if we believe any old picture that some student threw together in Photoshop, unconstrained by any real-world requirements such as it being a manufacturable or usable design, and tweeted at a tech "journalist" who was desperate for clickbait.

What we got - seriously Apple?
      Doesn't look any worse than a Rolex or those other mechanical things people strap to their wrists. Mind, as I've said, I've never liked wearing a watch, so maybe i'm a poor judge

And here's a nano with a strap.
      The iPod Nano looks like this (no strap):

There's also the question of the iPod Nano differing in every fundamental aspect of hardware and software capabilities, though maybe that doesn't matter either.

The good news: rumour has it that owning a Watch won't be compulsory straight away, so you should be able to get away without wearing one for now if you don't like it.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Doesn't look any worse than a Rolex or those other mechanical things people strap to their wrists. Mind, as I've said, I've never liked wearing a watch, so maybe i'm a poor judge

Like you I've no worn a watch for the last 15 years or so. Felt a lot less stressed the day I stopped wearing a watch. But I do want a fitness tracker that records heart rate, footsteps, the works, which marries these statistics with my iphone.

The apple watch should not need a screen even but just focused 100% on health. Instead they've thought 'watch and so it should look like one', but I don't believe people wear watches anymore.

I expect more in design and sensors.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

iOS 8 GM now on Apple Dev site, no OS X 10.10 update tho, downloading now, not sure I'm gonna like it....

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            Not to mention: GPS, Laptop (of sorts), Alarm Clock, voice recorder, diary, scanner...
            Clearly they should just sell it for £3000 then.

Even in the old days, the value of all your gadgets would probably be considerably less in real-world terms than the cost of an iPhone. Remember, it's not only wealthy folk touting these things - would you have had all those things as a school-kid? If you suggested your parents might like to buy you something equivalent to £600 in today's money, how would that have gone?
            I counted myself fortunate to have a Nokia 3210!
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In what way does it resemble an iPod Nano?
              It's about the same size. Otherwise, not much

Comment

The good news: rumour has it that owning a Watch won't be compulsory straight away, so you should be able to get away without wearing one for now if you don't like it.
                The watch looks a pile of crap. If your company peddles hype like Apple do then you need to deliver, which to be fair they have done pretty well. The watch isn't something I would wear and I'm wearing a bulky Garmin GPS watch. The watch isn't going to make me switch to the apple environment nor are the two phones.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                  The watch looks a pile of crap. If your company peddles hype like Apple do then you need to deliver, which to be fair they have done pretty well. The watch isn't something I would wear and I'm wearing a bulky Garmin GPS watch. The watch isn't going to make me switch to the apple environment nor are the two phones.
                  Apple are going to be so upset their watch doesn't appeal to people who wear horrifically ugly watches.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    It's amazing. £600 for a phone, and people expect to own one (or something similar). I'd think long and hard about spending £600 on a new guitar!

Also - no 32Gb version?
                    My last 2 guitars cost about £1000 and £2000. £600 for the phone is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                      Apple are going to be so upset their watch doesn't appeal to people who wear horrifically ugly watches.
                      No as much as their shareholders.

What a disappointment. Perhaps Jonathan Ive has reached his peak.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                      X