• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
    As far as I can tell, there's very little tangible difference between iPad Pro and iPad Air. Last time I looked, I didn't feel that the 'Pro' features (faster processor only?) was worth the extra.
    The latest model iPad Pro is much more powerful than even my big iPad Pro from a bit over a year ago.

Comment

I'll be getting myself the Apple TV 4K, as I've already got a fair amount of stuff for my existing one and (when the studio makes it available in 4K) that gets upgraded automatically at no additional cost

It'll be good when the Amazon Prime Video app arrives later in the year too - save me the trouble of using the one on the TV, which has terrible UI.

It's interesting that they've persuaded the big studios to let them sell 4K movies at the same price as HD - usually around £13 for brand new releases, but rapidly dropping to £6 - £10. Just a day or two ago I read some article asserting that Apple wanted to charge $20 but the studios wanted to charge $30 a pop and were reluctant to budge, but it looks like that was about as reliable as virtually all speculative punditry about Apple

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        So the iPhone X is pitched as the same size and the Plus, for that reason I’m out
        It's not. It's marginally bigger overall than the non-Plus models, but the screen is bigger than the Plus.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCyclingProgrammer View Post
          It's not. It's marginally bigger overall than the non-Plus models, but the screen is bigger than the Plus.
          Tech specs pages confirm: https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-x/specs/ v. https://www.apple.com/uk/iphone-8/specs/ have it under a quarter of an inch longer on each edge, at 5.65 x 2.79 inches v. 5.45 x 2.65 inches. I might be tempted after all…

Comment

Grrrrrrr, tempted to go for the plus just for the better battery!
            I had the 6 Plus. Too big unless you keep it in a handbag.
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              I'll be getting myself the Apple TV 4K, as I've already got a fair amount of stuff for my existing one and (when the studio makes it available in 4K) that gets upgraded automatically at no additional cost

It'll be good when the Amazon Prime Video app arrives later in the year too - save me the trouble of using the one on the TV, which has terrible UI.

It's interesting that they've persuaded the big studios to let them sell 4K movies at the same price as HD - usually around £13 for brand new releases, but rapidly dropping to £6 - £10. Just a day or two ago I read some article asserting that Apple wanted to charge $20 but the studios wanted to charge $30 a pop and were reluctant to budge, but it looks like that was about as reliable as virtually all speculative punditry about Apple
              I’ve decided to ditch BTTV, seriously tempted with an AppleTV instead of the MacMini I currently have under the unit
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

I’ve decided to ditch BTTV, seriously tempted with an AppleTV instead of the MacMini I currently have under the unit
                The new one will be my third. The main thing that's been missing for me (apart from 4K) was an Amazon Prime Video app, which is due soon; it's already got apps for BBC iPlayer, ITV, and Channel 5. No Channel 4 app, though. Not sure why C4 haven't got around to that yet. And you can set up Plex, or use AirPlay from the Mac Mini, or indeed from an iPhone or iPad. Oh, and you can access any existing iTunes libraries on computers on the same wifi network from the Computers app.

Comment

"Apple’s new iPhone X will allow users to do something we never dared dream would be possible with a handheld device. It lets you take control of the poo emoji with your own face...
                  "... That’s right, the animated pile of excrement, which is among the most popular methods of communication for millennials, can be controlled with the tech giant’s new Face ID feature."
                  Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

The new one will be my third. The main thing that's been missing for me (apart from 4K) was an Amazon Prime Video app, which is due soon; it's already got apps for BBC iPlayer, ITV, and Channel 5. No Channel 4 app, though. Not sure why C4 haven't got around to that yet. And you can set up Plex, or use AirPlay from the Mac Mini, or indeed from an iPhone or iPad. Oh, and you can access any existing iTunes libraries on computers on the same wifi network from the Computers app.
                    Was debating that but I'm seriously considering an Amazon 4k TV box. As that provides UKTV and C4 apps - its an easier decision for me as I've never bought much music / tv / movies from Apple.

Oh and almost everything I want is on plex...
                    Last edited by eek; 13 September 2017, 07:16.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Most of my videos are in iTunes (not purchased through Apple though) so I assume AppleTV will be flawless as per usual, only thing I’ll need to check is TVPlayer Plus which I need to keep the kids happy and me sane
                      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                      X