• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Calling all Fanbois!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A 1% drop after climbing considerably in recent weeks - hardly damning.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Do people really want a watch that they have to charge every night?

I'm guessing at the Apple Watch battery life, since they haven't published any details yet, but given that the watch only shows the time when you are interacting with it, I take that as not being a good indicator of a long battery life.
      Best Forum Advisor 2014
      Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
      Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        Do people really want a watch that they have to charge every night?

I'm guessing at the Apple Watch battery life, since they haven't published any details yet, but given that the watch only shows the time when you are interacting with it, I take that as not being a good indicator of a long battery life.
        It's constantly monitoring you so even though the display is off I'd imagine it's still using a reasonable amount of power. I know my watch is always going to be working even if my phone has run out of battery (which happens regularly, it being an iPhone ). I don't want an unreliable watch too.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
          It's constantly monitoring you so even though the display is off I'd imagine it's still using a reasonable amount of power. I know my watch is always going to be working even if my phone has run out of battery (which happens regularly, it being an iPhone ). I don't want an unreliable watch too.
          I've had the same watch (Argos £29.99) for 15 years. I'm not convinced that spending £200 (or whatever the price is) every 18 months on a new smart watch (regardless of manufacturer) is something that I want to do.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            It's amazing. £600 for a phone, and people expect to own one (or something similar). I'd think long and hard about spending £600 on a new guitar!

Also - no 32Gb version?
            I spent £450 and I got a complete car with a radio!
            McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              Apple are going to be so upset their watch doesn't appeal to people who wear horrifically ugly watches.

ahhhh so sweet, you silly billy. You are upset that someone is saying bad things about the company you love.

You just need to work on your logic a little bit though.

Comment

Given the whohah about Yosemite and iOS 8 integration I was surprised they didn't announce the launch of the new OS to coincide with the launch of the new iOS
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                  Given the whohah about Yosemite and iOS 8 integration I was surprised they didn't announce the launch of the new OS to coincide with the launch of the new iOS
                  Given the current state of Yosemite's public beta there wasn't a hope of it being ready in time..
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
                    ahhhh so sweet, you silly billy. You are upset that someone is saying bad things about the company you love.

You just need to work on your logic a little bit though.
                    You do realise I don't love Apple - I work on Windows and own a Lumia phone.

You're confusing "they don't agree with me" with "they have an emotional attachment, because nobody could possibly objectively form a different opinion than mine", because you're an arrogant nerd
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      FTFY..
                      Really? I still read that Ferrari produces around 7000 cars per year. that's hardly mass production.

Luca di Montezemolo to quit as Ferrari chairman (2014) | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online
                      McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
                      Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Working...
                      X