• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Obscure album outtake

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stek View Post
    Never a real fan - sorry!!

I was more SLF, Joy Division, even U2, saw them very late 79 or maybe early 80's in Manchester. The Jam too.....
    Couldn;t have been 1979 re: U2, must have been 80's - 'Boy' time......

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
      I've always liked SLF. Played in Bath last week, oddly enough. Got Bruce Foxton on bass these days.
      Oddly walked past a gig one evening in Millennium Square in Leeds and one of the bands was 'From The Jam' - can't imagine who's left, must be Rick Buckler....

Comment

Couldn;t have been 1979 re: U2, must have been 80's - 'Boy' time......
        Yes, probably '81 or thereabouts. I bought that album thinking they were new romantic. Ended up in Plastic Wax 2nd hand record shop in Bridgwater.

Comment

Oddly walked past a gig one evening in Millennium Square in Leeds and one of the bands was 'From The Jam' - can't imagine who's left, must be Rick Buckler....
          No, I think Foxton's involved in that too.

Comment

Yes, probably '81 or thereabouts. I bought that album thinking they were new romantic. Ended up in Plastic Wax 2nd hand record shop in Bridgwater.
            Got my first blowjob wearing my 'Boy' U2 teeshirt, back Adrian Road, Halliwell, Bolton, great night. Wonder what her name was....

Loved that shirt, though if I still had it, I fear my belly may stretch it beyond the limits of pure cotton (wishful) or ICI polyester (realistic).....

I have a pic of me in it - I'll dig it out or upload. Or not...

Comment

Hopefully not with your chopper out!

Comment

Got my first blowjob wearing my 'Boy' U2 teeshirt, back Adrian Road, Halliwell, Bolton, great night. Wonder what her name was....

Loved that shirt, though if I still had it, I fear my belly may stretch it beyond the limits of pure cotton (wishful) or ICI polyester (realistic).....

Reginald?

Comment

I've always liked SLF. Played in Bath last week, oddly enough. Got Bruce Foxton on bass these days.
                  Bruce left ages ago. Ali came back to help out on tour and has stayed with them since. Saw them in Bristol a couple of months ago (go every year). Met the band backstage afterwards as part of my pledge package for the new album (which is rather good).

Comment

Originally posted by jonskids View Post
                    Bruce left ages ago. Ali came back to help out on tour and has stayed with them since. Saw them in Bristol a couple of months ago (go every year). Met the band backstage afterwards as part of my pledge package for the new album (which is rather good).
                    What's that?

Comment

What's that?
                      The new album (No Going Back) was funded via Pledge Music (no record company deal required - just like the old days.

Details about the new album at Stiff Little Fingers - Home Base

Some pics I took at the last Bristol gig here https://www.flickr.com/photos/jonski...7643847908673/

Comment

Working...
                      X