• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

I wonder where Suity has been all this time. His bunker must be pretty deep by now if he's been frantically digging since last posting here.
    Imagine if it came out in Pyongyang

Comment

China says it will retaliate against the US if they shoot first. Could be fun.

Comment

There's every chance you could survive in a rural area if after the balloon went up you stayed indoors for a couple of weeks, with enough food and water and iodine tablets.

But the real downer is that it might not all happen at once. There could be multiple, perhaps escalating, rounds several days apart. So you could venture out a month after the initial exchange only to see huge flashes in the distance and then be hit by another load of fresh fallout.

I wonder where Suity has been all this time. His bunker must be pretty deep by now if he's been frantically digging since last posting here.
        He's still gathering requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          China says it will retaliate against the US if they shoot first. Could be fun.
          Indeed China will not allow regime change in North Korea.

Game set and match to North Korea I'm afraid.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Read somewhere (can't find it now - either RT or zerohedge) that NK is China's buffer similarly to Ukraine being Russia's buffer hence they want to keep it nice and intact and the US military out of there. Of course the US military are chomping at the bit to get in there.
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Indeed China will not allow regime change in North Korea. ...
              They might change their tune if the US and EU banned all imports from China.

The main reason they don't want regime change in NK is that a new sane regime would soon be another competitor of theirs and undercut them in the export market.
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

One thought..

The NK regime is vulnerable to (I forget the word, but it's basically decapitation) i.e. take out the top man, because everyone under him is only ruled by fear. So, why can't one of his generals (perhaps one that's terminally ill or has no family or whatever) do the decent thing for the rest of the planet by pulling a piece from inside his military coat, pop one into the dear leaders fat face before quickly taking their own life. Should only take less than 1 second if properly rehearsed.

Problem solved, or am I missing something?
                Originally posted by Nigel Farage MEP - 2016-06-24 04:00:00
                "I hope this victory brings down this failed project and leads us to a Europe of sovereign nation states, trading together, being friends together, cooperating together, and let's get rid of the flag, the anthem, Brussels, and all that has gone wrong."

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                  One thought..

The NK regime is vulnerable to (I forget the word, but it's basically decapitation) i.e. take out the top man, because everyone under him is only ruled by fear. So, why can't one of his generals (perhaps one that's terminally ill or has no family or whatever) do the decent thing for the rest of the planet by pulling a piece from inside his military coat, pop one into the dear leaders fat face before quickly taking their own life. Should only take less than 1 second if properly rehearsed.

It is a reasonable point. Maybe those around Kim have seen what happened to the top brass around Saddam and Qaddafi , and see that they're all in it together and will fall with the regime.

Anyway, fine example from history here (fans of I' Claudius' may remember). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cassius_Chaerea

Comment

They might change their tune if the US and EU banned all imports from China.

The main reason they don't want regime change in NK is that a new sane regime would soon be another competitor of theirs and undercut them in the export market.
                    That would probably be a viable alternative were in not for the fact that China is propping up the US with their huge holdings of US bonds.

Having said that I would agree that crashing the world economy would be preferable to a war with North Korea, which will inevitably drag in China.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by rl4engc View Post
                      One thought..

In a word, "hostages". I would guess everyone allowed near fatso has most of their family held as "guests" such that in the event of his assassination by a trusted big wig, the perp's family would be immediately eliminated or sent to one of his notorious concentration camps to starve to death.
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X