• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
    Just checked, I've got a pound of dried lentils, 4 tins of beans and some paracetamol.

That'll do.
    Where are you based, roughly?

No offence, but I'll turn up there with some mates on quadbikes a couple of months after the balloon goes up, and see if there's anything worth scrounging.

By then we'll be used to seeing skeletons in armchairs .
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Where are you based, roughly?

No offence, but I'll turn up there with some mates on quadbikes a couple of months after the balloon goes up, and see if there's anything worth scrounging.

By then we'll be used to seeing skeletons in armchairs .
      Next door to Suity.
      Nuclear war - stand outside and wait. Come and take what you like!
      Any other war, "We will never surrender" and Sainsbury's will provide.

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        Next door to Suity.
        Nuclear war - stand outside and wait. Come and take what you like!
        Any other war, "We will never surrender" and Sainsbury's will provide.
        As long as it's not the Luton Tesco....

Comment

Maybe it's time now to order those hundredweight lentil sacks, and a bulk order of iodine tablets
          I dunno. I'm not sure I'd want to survive into a nuclear wasteland? I doubt America will throw the first punch, and North Korea probably will just keep increasing the provocation levels, thinking they may draw Trump in.

And indeed, they probably would draw Trump in, but I think I trust that there are checks and balances to stop Trump from pressing the big red button alone.
          Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
            I trust that there are checks and balances to stop Trump from pressing the big red button alone.

Comment

Originally posted by chopper View Post
              I dunno. I'm not sure I'd want to survive into a nuclear wasteland?
              Try living in Wolverhampton for a while. It will seem like an improvement when the bomb drops then.

HTH

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Russia Fears New U.S. Bomb Ups Risk of Nuclear Strike

“The advantage of the new modification of the B61-12, according to U.S. military experts themselves lies in the fact that it will be, as they put it, ‘more ethical’ and ‘more usable’,”
                Good ol' Uncle Sam making the world a safer place and 'fighting for your freedom'. Lovely stuff...
                "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  Russia Fears New U.S. Bomb Ups Risk of Nuclear Strike

Good ol' Uncle Sam making the world a safer place and 'fighting for your freedom'. Lovely stuff...
                  I reckon there's no question that if the Norks mass on the border and/or start any artillery strikes on South Korea then the US will immediately start raining down tactical nukes on them (in the several kiloton range, i.e. relatively "small" ones).

That sounds drastic, but with a North Korean army of several million, and with such a short distance between NK and Seoul, the South Koreans and Yanks can't take any chances.

I mean even NATO anticipated the use of tactical nukes as a last resort in the event of a central front invasion of Europe by the USSR, and the Russkies would have had several hundred miles to cross.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I reckon there's no question that if the Norks mass on the border and/or start any artillery strikes on South Korea then the US will immediately start raining down tactical nukes on them (in the several kiloton range, i.e. relatively "small" ones).

That sounds drastic, but with a North Korean army of several million, and with such a short distance between NK and Seoul, the South Koreans and Yanks can't take any chances.

I mean even NATO anticipated the use of tactical nukes as a last resort in the event of a central front invasion of Europe by the USSR, and the Russkies would have had several hundred miles to cross.
                    Yes but how long before 'moderate rebels' get their hands on them and they end up with the not so moderate rebels?
                    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I reckon there's no question that if the Norks mass on the border and/or start any artillery strikes
                      That would be a job for Austin Powers

Comment

Working...
                      X