+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Posts 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Limited company IR35

    Hi all,

    I in need of a little advice as I am really unsure of which path to take

    I currently work for 1 agency who provide workers to the NHS, I have just joined another agency to do the same work but in a different trust.

    I also run a little cleaning buisiness, dont make much but classed as self employed here, agency is PAYE, now with joining this other agency and also having my cleaning business is it practical to start a limited company or will it be classed as employed once April comes.

    I am so confused at the moment and dont know how to do it, I could potentially be classed as having 3 jobs and I would like to do it all under a limited company

    Thanks in advance

  2. #2

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    31,204
    Thanks (Given)
    123
    Thanks (Received)
    1021
    Likes (Given)
    1533
    Likes (Received)
    5121

    Default

    Can't you take your cleaning business cash in hand?

    With all that is going on in the PS you'd probably be better going Umbrella or PAYE with the agencies if they offer it. There will be little advantage around a Ltd.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  3. #3

    Nervous Newbie


    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2
    Thanks (Given)
    0
    Thanks (Received)
    0
    Likes (Given)
    0
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Can't you take your cleaning business cash in hand?

    With all that is going on in the PS you'd probably be better going Umbrella or PAYE with the agencies if they offer it. There will be little advantage around a Ltd.
    I am a little bit worried about going cash in hand as I have been registered for years, I cant go umbrella its not an option with agency and I know I will be hammered for tax on the both jobs, It does not really make it worthwhile

  4. #4

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,646
    Thanks (Given)
    319
    Thanks (Received)
    577
    Likes (Given)
    2189
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default

    If two of your gigs are PAYE and the other one is going to be come April, you'll be making a loss each year because of your accountancy and insurance fees. There may be something that gets changed in legislation as part of the final PS bill to cover this but I wouldn't hold your breath.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  5. #5

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    22,500
    Thanks (Given)
    579
    Thanks (Received)
    597
    Likes (Given)
    3535
    Likes (Received)
    2809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimi26 View Post
    I am a little bit worried about going cash in hand as I have been registered for years, I cant go umbrella its not an option with agency and I know I will be hammered for tax on the both jobs, It does not really make it worthwhile
    You would be better of PAYE with the agency as then you don't have to pay umbrella company fees.

    Then if the other role was done as self-employed, as now, you just do a self-assessment every year and declare everything.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  6. #6

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    31,204
    Thanks (Given)
    123
    Thanks (Received)
    1021
    Likes (Given)
    1533
    Likes (Received)
    5121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mimi26 View Post
    I am a little bit worried about going cash in hand as I have been registered for years, I cant go umbrella its not an option with agency and I know I will be hammered for tax on the both jobs, It does not really make it worthwhile
    Plenty of tradesmen appear to be registered but seem to be very happy to ask for cash
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  7. #7

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    22,500
    Thanks (Given)
    579
    Thanks (Received)
    597
    Likes (Given)
    3535
    Likes (Received)
    2809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Plenty of tradesmen appear to be registered but seem to be very happy to ask for cash
    You need to be careful about that.

    You need to ensure you declare at least the same amount as you are earning now.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

  8. #8

    My post count is Majestic

    northernladuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    31,204
    Thanks (Given)
    123
    Thanks (Received)
    1021
    Likes (Given)
    1533
    Likes (Received)
    5121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You need to be careful about that.

    You need to ensure you declare at least the same amount as you are earning now.
    Indeed. It was evasion at best even in the old days.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011' - Winner - Yes really!!!!

  9. #9

    Godlike


    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Non-Event Horizon
    Posts
    8,646
    Thanks (Given)
    319
    Thanks (Received)
    577
    Likes (Given)
    2189
    Likes (Received)
    2584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SueEllen View Post
    You would be better of PAYE with the agency as then you don't have to pay umbrella company fees.

    Then if the other role was done as self-employed, as now, you just do a self-assessment every year and declare everything.
    Any even better option than limited - no hassle, no insurance, no accountancy.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

  10. #10

    I live on CUK

    SueEllen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    in the Park
    Posts
    22,500
    Thanks (Given)
    579
    Thanks (Received)
    597
    Likes (Given)
    3535
    Likes (Received)
    2809

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    Indeed. It was evasion at best even in the old days.
    The tax and VAT inspectors use to use a variety of simple tricks to catch people. The fact most of them looked normal and harmless helped.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.